Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

what's happening..?
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: October 01, 2007 06:47PM

the living foods,juicing, and blending lifestyle takes work and perseverence for the benefits thereof to be realized.

wheatgrass yogi by his own sorrowful admittance has abandoned the essential components necessary for achievement and is promoting a totally watered down version of what we are all working towards.

my purpose for this posting is not to condemn but to declare wheatgrass yogi a "back slider" and not a healthy representative for what we are doing here. most of his postings are "small talk whishy wash" and dilutive to the stamina and strenghth which we are working towards in this forum.

wheatgrass yogi, please do not pollute the spirit of our forum with your self sympathy seeking postings and newly conceived cut and paste response format. sorry... but it really looks out of balance to say the least.

let's get this board back on track with some postings which truly embrace the juicing and blending raw lifestyle and inspire one another to a higher leval of strenghth and vitality.

anyone needing help should approach the forum "with an empty cup" and perhaps we all can help "fill it" with something good.

juicin' john

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: what's happening..?
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 01, 2007 09:07PM

juicin' john Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> wheatgrass yogi by his own sorrowful admittance has abandoned the essential components necessary for achievement and is promoting a totally watered down version of what we are all working towards.
>
> my purpose for this posting is not to condemn but to declare wheatgrass yogi a "back slider" and not a healthy representative for what we are doing here. most of his postings are "small talk whishy wash" and dilutive to the stamina and strenghth which we are working towards in this forum.
>
> wheatgrass yogi, please do not pollute the spirit of our forum with your self sympathy seeking postings and newly conceived cut and paste response format. sorry... but it really looks out of balance to say the least.
Juicin' John.....What can I say? You're absolutely right. I'm a poor Leader, being as sick as I am Physically, and it's beginning to wear on me Mentally. I'm going to leave this Forum in your Charge. Have Fun!! All I ever tried to do was have a little fun while getting well in the process. No hard feelings......Wheatgrass Yogi

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 01, 2007 09:19PM

john,

I think Wheatgrass Yogi was still an inspiration. He is physically in pain and yet trying to find a way to still provide his body with raw nutrition. We can't all do it perfectly, if we expect that of everyone not many will stick with a raw vegan lifestyle.

Your post was unkind and has scared WY away. It makes me very sad.

karennd

Posted by: rawne ()
Date: October 01, 2007 09:58PM

JJ,
Karen's response was well said. Your post was unnecessarily cruel. I don't think anyone would want to deny you freedom of expression but you might have shown more sensitivity. There are ways to express thoughts & feelings without being hurtful or mean spirited.
I believe many others in the raw community will share these sentiments & take offense at your post.
rawne

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: October 01, 2007 10:15PM

OMG! That was so unnecessary and immature. Who gave you the job of declaring anyone to be anything?

Posted by: diamond dave ()
Date: October 01, 2007 10:29PM

Well, I for one am more worried about Wheatgrass Yogi than I am Juicin' John's hopefully tongue-in-cheek comments to perhaps chide our favorite wheatgrass leader into his previous robust juicing habits.

WY, I'm going to respond also on a few other threads that you've started but I want you to know that we're all thinking about you and praying for your health. Don't give in, keep positive thoughts even when it's tougher than heck to do so, and hang in there. You've been an inspiration for quite a few of us new guys.

Regards,

David

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 01, 2007 11:38PM

Hey !

This board NEEDS an old man with sciatica!!

WY - You can't leave till you've found a suitable replacement and you'll have to train him, too.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 01, 2007 11:39PM

Yogi is probably feeling a bit attacked ..hopefully not to the point of leaving the board entirely however were all here to learn things right?

in defence of JJ he does say

LETS (meaning and yogi) get this board back on track with some postings which truly embrace the juicing and blending raw lifestyle and inspire one another (meaning him and yogi) to a higher leval of strenghth and vitality.

anyone needing help should approach the forum "with an empty cup" and perhaps we all(meaning all of us) can help "fill it" with something good.

i hope what im getting is the understanding that JJ is concerned Yogi is concentrating too much on his negatives and wants him to return to the positives

tough love, least thats what i got out of it, from *my* understanding winking smiley

yogi dont go !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2007 11:40PM by Jgunn.

Date: October 02, 2007 12:51AM

jodi

thanks for bringing forth the essential portions of sentiment which i have attempted to present to the forum.

there are "young ones" listening and i would hope that they are presented with information which will fortify and strenghthen their endeavors to find what we have come to know as a better way.

tough love is better than saying its ok just to be nice about it...meanwhile the situation continues to fall into degradation.

throwing in the towel is the easier thing to do...why not get to the core of the problem by doing.

the raw food lifestyle has many levals of accomplishment and those levals which are above average require persistance and an above average willingness to participate and to take responsibility for both illness and health.

and by the way i don't particularly buy into the concept of aging as a legit reason for feeling weak. there are mountains of evidence to the contrary and we should be developing a mind set which will have us still hiking on rugged mountain trails in our 90's.

i came up in the old school of the 1960's and i saw what we have now as the raw food lifestyle evolve through alot of changes.

there was no mean spirited intent in what i said to wheatgrass yogi. my primary concern is towards those who are developing a strategy for a stronger more vibrant life.

we are as old as we think we are. foolishness ultimately brings on weakness.

juicin' john

Date: October 02, 2007 01:58AM

i want to briefly touch on a story that i told about in my raw diary on these boards abit about tough love

by the time i was 35 my parents had bailed me out numerous times of my finacial responsibilites.. one day my dad said enough is enough and i went forth to go bankrupt TWICE

i can sit here now and say although im thankful for my parents for helping when they could they really did me no favours in some respects by not allowing me to learn mylessons the hard way to the tune of several thousands dollars (were talking up to 6 figures now) loss of their own which i now feel obligated to pay (and do).

Yogi i do have to agree with JJ that the fresher the stuff the better and i have been a bit troubled aobut your experimenting with the dead powdered greens .. i feel the frozen stuff is definitely better .. but one of the reasons i liked your posts so much was your passion for growing the good stuff .. you are the only person i know that can make growing grass indoors look like an artistic center peice ..

perhaps the money you save growing compared to buying dead powders .. you could pay someone to come in once a week or ttwice a month to take out you grass matts .. if i was in your area id do it for free ! again i dont know you personally or what your livig situation or financial situation is , is but im sure you could find someone to do it . if i was in your shoes id ask the neighborhood kid (everyone has oen) to do it for 5$ ! surely the cost of thte dead powder compared to fresh is more then 10$ a month?

I really dont think JJ meant to be mean, even if his tounge seemed sharp, but he seems to wish you to get back to the solid foundations and basics of what this is all about, after all this forum is about juicing and blending

I was trained for 3 years in massage therapy (in canada here we have the longest academic program in the world for massage 5800 hours) so i can tell you your issues can be solved with good LIVE nutrition and some work on your part and it WILL be painfull at times but hun there is light at the end of the tunnel

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2007 02:10AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: October 02, 2007 01:59AM

I think Wheatgrass Yogi is the perfect representative. I mean, how many raw foodists were successful at it or perfected it during their first attempt? I've seen plenty of posts where people here described their first, second, even third attempt at staying raw.

Since you're so concerned about the "young ones," you might want to reread your original post and ask yourself if IT was a good representation of the raw food lifestyle.

Maybe your intentions were pure, but you might have thought to PM Yogi rather than post what in my opinion sounded like an exposé.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 02, 2007 02:12AM

Yeah, but it got WY's fans talking to him.

Date: October 02, 2007 02:32AM

roxeli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think Wheatgrass Yogi is the perfect
> representative.

how so Roxeli? to me the perfect representive is someone that experiments and trys and keeps on trying and tells people what they have or havent acheived which Yogi has been doing up until lately (yogi dont take this as a putdown please i really have a huge amount of respect for your posts and knowledge) .. going from fresh to frozen to dead dried greens to me, *in my opinion* is going backwards .. it may be *easy* but alot of the times *easy* is not always best . in fact most things worth having dont come easy , im sure you and others have heard this before

in fact if Yogi is in no position to have someone take those matts out to the garbage himself im am willing with all of you as my witness to send him the 10$ a month to pay the neighborhood kid to come down and get it for him .. hows that ! thats how much i care about Yogi to stay on the live and living path and not get suckered into powders and potions! got pay pal>? or do you want me to send you a cheque or money order? just a few years ago i bought someone a kidney transplant in india .. a couple of garbage runs a month certainly wont break my bank and i really wish you to keep on the living live path in the spirit of what this forum is all about~!

ive done it my lifetime . having to take some help .. theres nothing shamefull about it and going things alone and suffering for it is silly ! i was bedridden for 18months recovering from 4 surgeries due to cancer and i still dragged my sorry carcass to the front door to have my neighbors kid take out my recycling and ima a huge wussy at the best of times so i can do it anyone can

I mean, how many raw foodists
> were successful at it or perfected it during their
> first attempt? I've seen plenty of posts where
> people here described their first, second, even
> third attempt at staying raw.

exactly ! thats what makes this forum so exciting, this forum has NO guru sponsership like doug grahams or allysa cohen or shazzie, we can all learn by everyones mistakes .. me , you , even YOGI ! going backwards is a mistake, and THAT is what JJ is saying ! lets learn from it !

again it may seem like a sharp tounge on JJ's part but i genuinely feel that he acts like a big brother slapping his sibling upside the head an saying HEY smarten up , your goin down the wrong path

perhaps its not up to us to say anything , but in committing to silence for fear of hurting a few feelings are we not guilty of harm then?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2007 02:42AM by Jgunn.

Date: October 02, 2007 02:51AM

and please dont think im saying Yogi is not a good represantive or that JJ or I or anyone else is better and i am all for Yogi expermenting with whats best for him but this forum is about living foods and to stray away from that to supplementing is getting away for what this is all about

i dont think anyone really needs to represent anything as long as their honestly striving to move *fowards* and not slip backawards because the road ahead just looks to hard to carry on

i hope we are all here for many days and years to come to educate the newer people with logic and understanding .. even if that seems harsh or mean or cruel at times , i really feel good honest opinions are what i myself respect the most, afterall we can choose to be offended or we can choose to see the message in the offence

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2007 02:59AM by Jgunn.

Date: October 02, 2007 03:51AM

and i want to add that i hope Yogi is a part of this forum for years to come

Posted by: karennd ()
Date: October 02, 2007 04:55AM

Personally, I think we are wasting our breath - I think WY has left the board.

The reason I reacted the way I did and was so sad is because I have been attacked on a board before, an autism board, and I was hurt and left also. I know exactly how WY feels. I mean even his "cut and paste" response format was ridiculed - what was wrong with that?

Date: October 02, 2007 04:57AM

he's here *waves to yogi* please say something

i hear you karennd and perhaps that was a bit harsh the cut an paste thing but i really feel JJ wasnt saying anything to yogi that he wouldnt say to me or anyone else watching a beloved friend wander down a potentially wrong road

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2007 04:58AM by Jgunn.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: October 02, 2007 05:02AM

well I do declare, this is getting real now. I hope wheatgrass yogi comes back.

Date: October 02, 2007 05:09AM

Yogi will be back !

Yogi is not a quitter!

If Yogi was a quitter he wouldnt have been here in the first place attempting to reach the heights of good health and a painfree existance!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2007 05:10AM by Jgunn.

Date: October 02, 2007 09:53PM

in order to overcome any health problem ,one must have the correct attitude.

faith in and believing that we can do it is totally important and necessary.

usually it isn't just one or two things that we do to solve the problem.

we must uncover and put into action everything we can find on the subject

feeling sorry for ourselves, giving up, and seeking out sympathy from others is not an option.

i have heard many times that certain personalities actually protect themselves form getting well because the attention which their illness gets them is too dear to part with...hence they choose to remain in their state of illness.

there are inumerable avenues of possibilities for you to seek out an pursue if you are truly wanting to get better.....but you really must dig for as much information as you can. a quitting attitude is very dangerous.

physician heal thyself.

juicin' john

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: October 03, 2007 12:17AM

many people ARE actually very addicted to negative states

and don't realize it is this confrontation that a raw cleansing diet is aiding in stripping down the nice painted pictures or whatever that have made that state nice and tidy

I agree with JJ's posts and do not find them cruel
(although I find starting a whole thread based on a particular member to be a bit over the top)

I wish the best to WY...I can say that I was a bit concerned about the long periods of fasting..without the attention to internal cleansing.

I'm a big fan of watermelon 'flushes' as any..but it isn't the same thing. I think doing the juicing alone for periods without any cleansing is just asking for tons of log-jam type pains in joints and so forth. the juices can awaken the beast.

Date: October 04, 2007 05:30PM

i was quite disappointed that the socalled wheatgrass yogi never really ashred with us much aconcerning the sucessful growing of wheatgrass at home.

this is something i sense to be of importance to any who have not had much sucess in the art of wheatgrass growing.

when he neatly "transcended" to frozen wheatgrass ice cubes i lost the last of my credability for his authenticity as a wheatgrass "legend".

just picture the late ann wigmore adviseing people to buy their wheat grass in ice cube format at $199/case.

sure i was tough on him ...but honestly i did not wish to do him any harm or "cause him to throw in the towell" as he did.

i am not willing to be "his replacement on the forum.

i have a really good friend who is truly perfecting the art of growing wheatgrass ...and for the benefit of us all here ....i have made arrangement to study with him for however long it will take to learn the art of growing good wheat grass and i plan on sharing with all of you what i am able to learn.

perhaps i can evan get my friend to participate on the board here. but that is unlikely since he doesn't evan care for using email. that's ok though he really knows how to grow excellent wheat grass.

wheatrass yogi, i sincerely hope that you can use what you have learned about health and healing to get yourself feeling well. there is really no good reason for you depart permanently from the board here ,unless maybe you choose to take up again under a different name.

whatever you choose to do...i wish to you the best of sucess for health and well being.

i will publish my wheatgrass growing research as soon as i feel it is ready,
please remember i am not wheatgrass yogi's sucessor. i just wann learn how to grow good wheatgrass for myself and i like sharing with others.

juicin' john

Date: October 04, 2007 07:37PM

i hope he comes back too ... Yogi you are missed around here and i really do wish you good and vibrant health !

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 05, 2007 01:36AM

hi wheatgrass man,

what's this i hear that some strange feelings are arising concerning your little sojourn/exploration into other realms of grass purchasing?

that made me laugh

we all learn by exploring

happy explorations to u my friendsmiling smiley

i ate a green ice cube the other day ( i think i posted it on this forum)

just in your honor ( cuz it was fun to experiment)

it didn't taste too bad but i'm back to juicing again

howevvverrrr... i would not have known how much i truly prefer the fresh juice had i not explored the verdant snowball

and like the saying goes

" upon us all, a little green snowball must fall"

veronique

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables