Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Green smoothie without the fruit.
Posted by: bracken ()
Date: October 22, 2007 06:00AM

Has anyone any recipes for tasty green juices or smoothies without the fruit, as I am trying to cut back on sugars, & want more alkaline juices.

Thanks Ju

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green smoothie without the fruit.
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:16PM

bracken Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Has anyone any recipes for tasty green juices or
> smoothies without the fruit, as I am trying to cut
> back on sugars, & want more alkaline juices. I've found that I like either Fruit or Greens, but not both, in my Smoothies. I, too, am leaning towards Green Smoothies predominately. I do use one fruit in my GS....Tomatoes. They just seem to add the proper taste......WY

Posted by: bracken ()
Date: October 22, 2007 06:47PM

Cheers wheatgrass yogi I'll try that one!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 22, 2007 06:51PM

I'm new to this forum, and need to check the distinction you make between smoothie and juice, but wanted to share my favorite from this summer.

I juice one head of celery, two peeled cucumbers and an apple. While I like the juice straight, my housemate prefers smoothies, so I whizz the juice in the blender with a few cubes of frozen yoghurt for him.

I like the apple just to provide a little sweet, but it's not necessary. The cucumber and celery have such a refreshing taste, it's been the perfect way to start the morning on a hot summer day!

I've been making smoothies with soft fruit and milk in my little cheap-o blender for several months, but I haven't gotten around to using greens in the blender yet. Something new to try!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables