Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

APPLIANCE CHOICES: Newbie asks your input
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 23, 2007 09:30PM

I'm really new at being a raw fooder and am working on getting the right appliances to get off on a strong start. I have a number of questions and I'd love your input....

I bought a brand new Vita-Mix 5000 and Cuisinart Custom Pro 11 Food Processor which are still in their boxes at this writing. I got both of these at Costco.

I'm also considering getting the Tri-Best personal blender as well as the Greenstar Juicer. My goal is maximum/optimum use of the fewest appliances po$$ible.

My questions:

1) Is there any duplication of tasks between the Vita-Mix (wet blender) and Cuisinart Food Processor? If so, what tasks do they have in common?

2) Vita-Mix also offered a dry-mix pitcher for an extra charge. Which is better for dry processing, the Cuisinart Food Processor or Vita-Mix's dry foods blender?

3) The Vita-Mix 5000 came with an 8-cup pitcher. What would be the advantage(s) of purchasing a smaller pitcher made by Vita-Mix?

4) Would purchasing a Tri-Best personal blender be a better choice than getting the smaller Vita-Mix pitcher?

5) I've never bought anything online before. Know of any stores that actually stock the Tri-Best Personal blender?

6) I bought the 11-cup food processor which came with an extra 11-cup bowl, a 14-inch pizza pan and a pizza cutter. Any thoughts on what raw foods could be used for these added bonus items?

7) Right now I'll be preparing foods for myself and/or for one other person so I'm not sure how to gauge what size food processor I will fully use. Costco offered Cuisinart's 11-cup package and, though I've never baked before (I'm aware that the bigger bowl is often used for kneading dough, etc.)... I would like to experiment with raw pies that might get me to make more of these for future potlucks and parties as I become more excited about raw foods overtime. Should I return the Cuisinart 11-cup package for a 7-cup model offered by Macy's (which would not come with the other bonus items)?

8) There are several models of the Greenstar Juicer and I'm not clear why they have so many models. What model would you all recommend and why?

9) I'm not interested in making pasta with the Greenstar Juicer unless there's a raw food equivalent for pasta I haven't yet discovered. Know of any raw food uses for the pasta making task?

10) Which one of the Greenstar models has the greatest versatility for the money?

If I didn't articulate my questions due to my newness or made a mistake in trying to send these questions (I'm not very computer savvy and this is my first posting), I welcome questions to clarify my blur.... I'm also reluctant to purchase anything online and not good at selling any used appliances online which is why, at this juncture, I'm trying to make the best sustainable decision that allows for the greatest creativity with the fewest possible appliances....

Looking forward to your experienced replies.

Warm wishes for optimum health,
Mandarava

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables