Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vita-Mix introduces new plastic Container
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: October 31, 2007 03:46PM

Just a week ago, Vita-Mix came out with a new plastic container. I'll probably call them today or tomorrow to see if they sell just the container, without the new Vita-Mix 5200 base. It seems like a safer Plastic.....WY
[www.vitamix.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vita-Mix introduces new plastic Container
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 31, 2007 03:54PM

this seems like a good discussion;/read on the plastic issue .. sorry its too long to post it all smiling smiley

[goneraw.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Libra ()
Date: October 31, 2007 05:36PM

Wow. Jodi, that is quite a thread. Now I'm thinking maybe I should buy the Waring with the stainless steel container. Although, WY felt the Vitaprep was more powerful. Hmmm... I wonder if a Waring stainless steel container would work on the Vitaprep since the Vitamix containers work on the Waring.

I did read about the "safer plastic" that doesn't have BP-A, but I wonder if we are just trading one toxic plastic for another toxic plastic.

Date: October 31, 2007 07:12PM

yes probably trading one toxin for another sadly its getting very hard to avoid these every day toxins .. did you watch the youtube vids about the hormonal stuff from that link ..its really freaky

i mean i can sit at my desk , on my plastic chair typing on my plastic keyboard , answer my plasstic phone , eating my lunch out of tupperwear , adding figures up on my plastic adding machine , all on top of my plastic laminate desk LOL !!!

ITS FREAKING EVERYWHERE tongue sticking out smiley

i think all you can do is make trades where the tradeoffs are easy .. cotton sheets, wool or cotton or linen rugs , wood or tile floors , glass containers for food and water , natural fibers for clothing .. but even then for a vegan ...i mean my choice is not to wear leather shoes so i wear plastic (vinyl) ..am i risking my health over the sake of a cow ? are my shoes causing me micro toxin issues? sighhhhhhhh it can all be very overwhelming smiling smiley

i mean seriously you can drive yourself more mental then aluminum poisioning just trying to eliminate every plastic from your personal world hehe smiling smiley

Date: November 01, 2007 02:14AM

After reading several sources on Plastics, I've decided the old Polycarbonate container at Vita-Mix is not as safe as the new copolyester (called Eastman Tritan) that they're now using with the new Vita-Mix 5200. But the old plastic is safe enough for me. It would have to get 161 degrees Fahrenheit to begin failing. The new container begins failing at 226 degrees. There have been some extreme cases that have put a 'scare' into us about Plastic Toxicity. I'm going to continue to use Polycarbonate and not worry about it......WY
P.S. Vita-Mix could have updated their new Blender. The new 5200 is still a puny 2HP.

Date: November 01, 2007 02:30AM

well i dont think its so much as a scare ..its actually a reality but again .. sometimes you have to pick your battles .. we are surrounded by so much toxic things in our lives, it can be very daunting task to try and eliminate everything smiling smiley

i have a friend whos allergic to drywall .. can you imagine the grief she goes through trying to find a home lol not to mention everywhere she goes/visits !!>??!!! tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2007 02:31AM by Jgunn.

Date: November 01, 2007 04:01AM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well i dont think its so much as a scare ..its
> actually a reality but again .. sometimes you have
> to pick your battles .. we are surrounded by so
> much toxic things in our lives, it can be very
> daunting task to try and eliminate everything smiling smiley I think we're all doing well to be as concerned as we are.
>
> i have a friend whos allergic to drywall .. can
> you imagine the grief she goes through trying to
> find a home lol not to mention everywhere she
> goes/visits !!>??!!! tongue sticking out smiley Do people think she's Crazy? I know someone with Microwave Oven Sensitivity....also overhead Power Lines.....WY

Date: November 01, 2007 04:42AM

hehe yep thats true yogi

and yea soem folks think shes right nuts , she loves coming over to my house we hang out in my basement that still has the original wall panelling and carpet from the 50's haha winking smiley no drywall down here winking smiley

its so out of date its back in style tongue sticking out smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables