Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Z-Star vs. BL 30 (aka Hurricane juicer aka SS Juicer)
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: May 04, 2006 07:49PM

hello all. I am trying to decide between the Z-Star manual juicer and the BL 30 aka Hurricane aka SS Juicer. The BL 30 is all steel so it is very strong. I've read that you shouold not put pulp back into the juicer anyways because it might damage the juicing screen. According to Tribest the X-Star produces more juice than the BL 30. Here is the link to their report:

[www.zstarjuicer.com] . On discountjuicers.com one peorson

commented that the Z-Star is flimsy and breaks easily when juicing harder veggies. Can someone who owns one give me a review please?

Thanx in advance for any replies!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Z-Star vs. BL 30 (aka Hurricane juicer aka SS Juicer)
Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: May 05, 2006 12:30AM

I'd love to know who that pathetic person is who gave the zstar a bad review. Personally, I enjoy my zstar juicer and have juiced all sorts of veggies and fruit. I'd love to know what someone did to cause it to break. It's a solid piece of equipment. My biggest problem with the zstar is that I find the pulp to be wetter than it should. This forces me into a situation where I must put the pulp into a bag, like my cloth sprouter, and squeeze it to get any remaining drops of juice out. However, beyond that, it's a rock-solid juicer.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: May 05, 2006 09:03AM

Sounds like you love the Z-Star. I am sold and going to get one ASAP. Can you juice ginger and beets with it?
Thank you for the reply!

Date: May 05, 2006 03:11PM

haven't tried juicing beets and ginger but I don't see why not. It should work just fine. Another model to consider, that I've heard good things about is the Healthy Juicer. This model seems to create a dryer pulp than the zstar so you may want to check out the reviews.

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Date: May 06, 2006 10:05AM

I've seen it aorund the net more and more. Apparently it works a little differently than the Z-Star and the BL-30. One site said that it is more similar to a masticating juicer and that it need no screen. Again, in the reviews at discountjuicers.com, some say it is excelet, and some say it breaks easily. Also some say it is a lot of work to use. The Z-Star sound more durable. I am seriously thinking about picking it up. Its $100.00 here in Richhmond (B.C., next to Vancouver, Canada)
Thank you for all your help!

Date: May 26, 2006 03:59AM

I bought the Z-Star! Its made partly of plastic but it looks very durable! I am glad I got it. I need to register it to get the warranty apparently. Does anyone know where the serial number is? The registration card asks for it but i cannot seem to find it anywhere!
Thanx!

Date: May 26, 2006 09:17PM

Hey Veganlife,

Look through all of the literature and your serial number should be contained within. I looked at my Z-Star and can't fine a S/N on it but I believe it was on a card that came with the machine. It probably says "keep this in a safe place". If you can't find it then contact the company who sold it to you and ask them where to find it.

Also, it is a very durable machine and it juices well but I take the pulp and stick it in a cloth bag after juicing so I can wring it for the extra few drops that would be lost. Beyond that, it's a great little machine and you don't have to have a big over hang for the clamp. You can just push it half way and bolt it to the counter and it will stay put.

Enjoy,

Marcos

Posted by: nking ()
Date: January 09, 2007 02:08AM

After using your Z-Star for 6mts. are you still satisfied with machine? Doe's the wet pulp concern you?

Date: January 12, 2007 02:20AM

Aack! Sorry but I used it only twice! For shame! lol I bought qa Breville around the same time and it is what I am using right now. I have not juiced wheatgrass with it yet but I will try soon. I am a little worried about all the ait that it (the Breville) introduces into the juice. As for the Z star, the pulp of the parsely i tried comes out quite dry. It is more of a pain to wash than the Breville but not buy much. Obviously it is also slower. As soon as i juice wheatgrass with it I'll let you know about any further aspects of it/. feel free to ask any questions about it here and I'll try my best to answer them!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables