Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Carrot juice with low/stressed adrenals or adrenal fatigue?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 06, 2007 09:58PM

I was looking into things to naturally help adrenals and thought carrot and green juices would be good. I've always read carrot is the king of juices. But now I'm reading things are saying with adrenals better to avoid sugar/starch even in fresh juices...

Umm ok so anyone got anything for that besides wheatgrass juice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Carrot juice with low/stressed adrenals or adrenal fatigue?
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 07, 2007 12:51AM

what the heck? now wheatgrass is bad for adrenals? I found this on google -

How much should I take?

Wheatgrass juice is quite a powerful tasting substance, so my recommendations are to start gently. Firstly wheatgrass should always be taken on an empty stomach away from food, and leave an hour or so for it to digest completely before taking any further food. If the taste, or smell, is disturbing initially then try adding ½ oz of wheatgrass juice to another juice. A good combination to mix it with is apple/celery with a dash of lemon. Alternatively, you can of course simply knock it back. An ounce is a good measure to start with, and you can build it up gradually. Contrary to popular belief, one can take too much wheatgrass juice, overdosing may “burn” the adrenal glands, although one would have to consume a great deal for this to occur. If you are suffering from a serious degenerative disease then anything up to 8 oz per day spread out in 2 oz doses is recommended. Otherwise anything from 1 to 2 oz a day is sufficient."

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 08, 2007 02:20AM

Carrot Juice and Wheatgrass Juice are both very concentrated. It would probably be best to 'cut' them both with a little water so they'd work better in our Kidneys (and Adrenals).....WY
P.S. Just your mentioning Wheatgrass Juice turns me on to growing it again. Besides, the Wheatgrass Yogi would be a sad sack if he didn't grow and juice Wheatgrass.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 08, 2007 04:59AM

i love your growing bowls too yogi smiling smiley

there so nifty looking ...

like .. zen like ! grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables