Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blendtec comes out with a new line of powerful blenders
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 09, 2007 12:01AM

Blentec may corner the Commercial Market with their new 20 AMP Blenders. I liked this 'Spacesaver' model in 15 AMPs. Some of their blenders now need a 'sound dome' they're so loud. Look at the 'Smoother'......WY

[commercial.blendtec.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blendtec comes out with a new line of powerful blenders
Posted by: baltochef ()
Date: November 09, 2007 06:06PM

WY

How many raw foodists really NEED blenders that put out the power from a 20 amp motor??..

I can only see two areas in life where such powerful blenders will be needed..

First in busy restaurants / juice bars where TIME is at a premium..Here, being able to throw whole fruits & veggies into the blender's carafe; & just "Letting 'Er Rip", that would be a huge advantage..Even so, I can anticipate that people will still be able to damage a 20 amp blender by filling the carafe with too much, or the wrong kinds of foods..

Second, a busy home cook pressed for time, with a large family of 4-5 people (or more) that is eating raw could very likely benefit from such a blender..

Without a sound deadening enclosure I'm not sure that I would want to be around one all day in a restaurant..Nor would I like to even use one intermittantly in the home without an enclosure, unless I was wearing some kind of hearing protection..

After the first time using the standard Blend Tec, before I returned it, I wore my hearing muffs to protect my ears..

Having had my hearing damaged in the 1970's while in the Army, I cannot afford to further damage my ears..

I wear hearing protection ANY time I use loud tools; power saws, vacumns, blenders,etc..

All sounds above 80 decibels are damaging to human hearing..It doesn't take SUSTAINED exposure to hurt your ears, damage is accumulative..So even several seconds exposure is damaging..

People just cannot tell that their ears have been damaged due to a short exposure because the amount of damage is so small that it isn't apparent right away..

The proliferation of, & the extreme enthusiasm for the Waring, Vita-Mix, & Blend Tec blenders (especially on ALL of the raw foods forums!); really, really has me concerned!!..

NO one seems to be cautioning users of these blenders of the potential long term harm that they are doing to themselves by using these machines without adequate hearing protection!!..

Bruce

Re: Blendtec comes out with a new line of powerful blenders
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: November 09, 2007 06:52PM

baltochef Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WY
>
> How many raw foodists really NEED blenders that
> put out the power from a 20 amp motor??..I agree!!
I've come to the conclusion that my Vita-Prep 3, at 12.5 AMPs, is
powerful enough for me. I'm currently using a 48-ounce container to
prepare 32 to 36 ounces of Smoothie every time I blend. Some of
Blendtec's machines come with a 96-ounce container. Fill that to the
top and a 20 AMP motor might be needed for a smooth blend. Plus there's
the noise level you mentioned. I'm staying away from it.....WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables