Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

juicing and cholesterol and tryglicerides counts
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 07, 2006 11:46PM

We just started juicing and mostly make carrot/celery/beet with an apple and parsley

My husband who is healthy, trim and exercises all the time all his life, just had cholesterol and tryglicerides counts that were off the charts. A friend told us you can get false readings when you juice. Does any one know if this is true? His tryglicerides were always normal but his cholesterol was around 220, but the last reading was 300 for cholesterol and 400 for tryclierides.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: juicing and cholesterol and tryglicerides counts
Date: December 17, 2008 01:43AM

I wouldn't worry about it. If you're eating healthy, you're eating healthy.

[www.youtube.com]

Date: January 30, 2009 12:45AM

I must say my husband had very high tryglicerides....There is a chinese vegetable called bitter melon that is suppose to help considerably to lower the TRy's...we did find it at an Asian market...We also really watched all of his sugar, increased exercise and ate overall very healthy etc....in about 6 weeks they lowered about 150 pounts...AMAZING.....

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: February 15, 2009 01:49AM

Suggest that he quit juicing and eat those foods whole.

Timing is also important.

Were those readings on rising after a fast? They are lowest then, and they will jump 20 minutes after a meal. But not so much with a high fiber meal, which slows down the release of glucose into the bloodstream.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables