Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I finally killed my blender.
Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: November 30, 2007 04:04AM

I've had a Hamilton Beach for a couple years and used it A LOT the past year and over the past couple months it just seemed to take longer to blend. I think maybe it was the goji berries and frozen berries on almost a daily basis that wore it out. Plus I had to run it longer on the highest speed for apples otherwise there would be little pieces in it.

Anyway, my question -

What do you need to look for in a blender to get the most nutrients and not have it heat up? Like with juicers they say Greenstar is better than a store bought juicer because it doesn't heat the juice up. How does it work with blenders?

I only really make fruit smoothies with it. But I might try green smoothies again someday and hope they aren't as disgusting. I don't grind nuts or flaxseeds.

I can't afford a $300 blender now anyway. I think I'm just going to go looking at Target or something and hopefully find adecent one on sale somewhere that'll last me a year. I don't want the Tribest Personal one..the biggest cup is 24oz and I rather be able to adjust the speed. It looks too thin too, like I'd have to chop up apples into really small pieces and my smoothies usually come out to about 32oz after I add water.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/30/2007 04:14AM by LikeItOrNot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I finally killed my blender.
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 30, 2007 11:17AM

hope you gave it a decent memorial

bowing my head in consolation and empathy ( while munching on an apple)

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables