Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 21, 2008 05:30PM

Hello,

I love juicing fresh organic greens. Usually I juice kale, watercress, arugula, dandelion leaves and burdock root. Then I throw in some celery/apple.

Recently I have been reading that bitter greens like kale, dandelion exc. should be used sparingly.

What is everyones thoughts on the matter?

By using those greens is it harmful for my body? how much should I use? Should I just be juicing apples, celery, cucumbers instead?

Thank You,

organic_dylan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: March 21, 2008 08:50PM

hi

in my opinion......use as much as you body wants. it is unlikely that you will overdose. these are foodsand your body will give you a hink when it has had enough for the time being.

you can mix apples celery and cucumbers in with your greens for flavor.

jj

Re: Juicing
Posted by: be beautiful ()
Date: April 14, 2008 03:54PM

Basically, most everything should be used sparingly! Be sure to rotate the greens that you use -- but then again, if you're combining more than one type, then it's probably fine. I find that my body is happier when I only use one type at a time, but everyone's different. And don't give up on the greens! They are super important! Most of us don't consume close to enough greens.

Really, you should just listen to your body. I would try using only one type of greens at a time and rotating them to see what you think. But if your body is happy, then keep on doing what you're doing!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables