Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juicing/Detox HELP!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 07, 2008 05:43PM

I am new here. VERY new at this and VERY confused.

I have "R. Arthritis" and I am 23 years old. As some of you can probably attest, I've been to countless doctors, have had countless tests, xrays, blah blah and all have been coming back negative. I started seeing a holistic doctor who basically wants all my money whom I won't be seeing anymore, but the only good thing I heard from him was my blood tests he ordered said I am deficient in most of my vitamins and minerals.

I am on day seven of my detox process, and I am SO confused, maybe someone can help me? It's hard to get support from ANYONE because everyone thinks I'm crazy!

Anyway, I started juicing last Tuesday, and was going to end tomorrow, but throughout this juicing process I have not had a full elimination, I've actually become constipated, no detox symptoms. (No headaches, dizzyness, lathargy,etc...) The only thing that have changed is my knees have become a little less swollen than normal, and I have an ability to walk with more ease.

After my research and what made me decide this juice process was because I knew it was going to eliminate toxins. However, how do I know it's working if I have not had a healing crisis??

This is what I usually consume:

Salt water flush - 2tsps of non iodized salt water w/ 32 oz. of water in AM

Fruits juice in the morning: 1 apple, Strawberries, Mango or Orange w/ scoop of
Fruitien powder (I am too skinny, I wanted to add protien...13grams per 1 scoop)

Detox Tea w/ Senna and other Herbs in the morning & night

Broccoli, Green Beans, Carrot, Garlic, Onion, Cauliflower, Bean Sprouts, Cucumber, Celery combo juices at night w/ saltless seasoning throughout the day if needed, and mainly at night.

Distilled water

I added the Total Body Rapid Cleanser by renew life once I realized I was constipated. I also tried an enema to alleviate some constipation... Still nothing.

Thanks for your help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juicing/Detox HELP!
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: April 09, 2008 08:30PM

try magnesium citrate powder from now nutrition. it will work on constipation and also give you a nice dose of the mineral.

juicin'john

Re: Juicing/Detox HELP!
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: April 12, 2008 09:03PM

I had a few thoughts. What kind of non-iodized salts are you using? Never use refined salts of any kind...even the non-iodized salts. I recommend Celtic Sea Salt, which is grayish and moist. Others use Himmalayan Salt or the brand Real Salt. All of those salts have all their extra minerals in tact. Make sure you aren't using an imposter "sea" salt..those salt companies claim their salt is from the sea, because before they processed and heat treated the heck out of it, it came from the sea, The salt you want should say that it contains between 40-70 naturally occuring trace minerals. Here is a link to a good article entitled: "Salts That Heal and Salts That Kill" [www.curezone.com]

I also think you are using way too much salt. The "Water/Salt Cure" advocates adding a 1/4 tsp of sea salt to every QUART of water that you drink. Here is a link to that info. [watercure2.org] And here are testimonials of people healing their arthritis with it [watercure2.org]

The other thing that comes to mind is to be cautious of any of those supplements you are using...like the teas or powders or detox aids. I used to be a fairly contipated person before I switched to raw foods. I don't currently do much juicing (can't afford the juicer yet) but do a lot of blended drinks. Every morning I have a green smoothie with banana, apples, greens, lemon and water and I am extremely regular. I go number 2, two-three times per day. I eat all raw and take no supplements or aids or anything.

So, in my humble opinion and based on my humble experience, try lowering your salt intake to the right kind of salt and stop using your aids and supplements one at a time, or all at once and see what happens. Most of us get all the nutrition we need from whole, unprocessed, uncooked fruits, veggies, and nuts. Also, have you tried dried fruit? Or I guess you only want to consume liquid right now? Maybe you need fiber? Those are my thoughts. Let us know how you are doing!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2008 09:06PM by musicbebe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables