Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Juice Fasting
Posted by: golden ()
Date: June 07, 2006 09:25PM

Has anyone tried juice fasting? How many times a day do you drink juice and how much? For how lone? I tried it 15 years ago and I just got weaker and after the 6th day I had to quite. I was told that a quarter of an avacodo or banana would help.

Richard

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Juice Fasting
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 08, 2006 10:09PM

Yes. 3-5 times per day. About 16-32 oz per meal. Fasts can be as short as one meal.....one day......or 3 days is a good round figure.

-Fasts are more powerful when they are short......but a regular part of your life.

-Just my opinion.

-David Mason

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 10, 2006 02:06AM

Hello!

I just broke a 5 (almost 6 ) day juice fast with cantalope. I don't have a juicer at home and the town where I live is sorely lacking in juice bars...I think with a juicer I could go longer. I eat mostly fruit, so i did all fruit juices except for one shot of wheatgrass earlier today. I feel sad that I 'came down'... does anyone have info on elimination during a fast? I've heard it's important - what's best? enemas? herbal sun teas? I'd appreciate any info or thoughts on the subject!

Posted by: luna_sky_1 ()
Date: June 17, 2006 03:05PM

I've heard that herbal laxitive teas are supposed to be good. drink it at night before bed, then easier elimination in the morning.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 23, 2006 12:22PM

my favorite topic
yeah, they are great

they never let me down
veg out on juices

Date: August 04, 2006 06:07PM

Just coming off a Ten day fast. Using only lemon juice, cayenne pepper, b grade maple syrup....It was wonderful! Energy level up, slept well, and feel great.

Date: August 04, 2006 07:51PM

I just ended a 40 day juice fast this week. The fast was mainly spiritual but the side benefits were a 22.5# weight loss and a much greater feeling of energy etc.

Yes elimination is important to rid the body of toxins released during the fast. A tea such as senna is good just use it every 2-3 days.

Also strain the juice to get rid of all pulp. If not hunger can take over and kill your fast.

If you are interested there is a fasting website at www.freedomyou.com that has loads of information. It is Biblically based also.

The amount of juice they recommend is whatever you want. I had 16-20 oz. at least 4 times per day sometimes 5. If I wasn't hungry then only 3 and three days during the 40 I water fasted.

Posted by: amanda1382903 ()
Date: August 14, 2006 11:18PM

I recently finished a 50 day juice fast which included veg, fruit juices, veg. broth (not raw but a great alkalanizing drink for the fasting purpose) and teas. I did this fast under the guidance of a fasting coach. Check out www.fasting.com. Its a verbose website, but the guy is very knowledgeable and will answer any of your questions before you start. I dont know about others but I dont feel comfortable undertaking a long fast without a professional's guidance. The fast itself was amazing!

Posted by: SiennaInLondon ()
Date: February 05, 2007 11:37PM

Just started that one. Tell me, are the lemons acidic for your teeth? I know in the body, citrus fruits become alkaline, but what about in the mouth?

Was on three days of rabenhorst wheatgrass mix.

Juice fasts are easy. Why have I spent so much time trying water fasts?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: February 06, 2007 02:43AM

I'm just starting a Juice Diet. Yes, they are easy (as SiennalnLondon mentioned), especially if you include carrot juice (very filling). I've found that taking Oxy-Powder, 1 to 3 times a day, along with the juice, enhances the experience. Don't forget the Wheatgrass Juice.....WY
P.S. I have a friend who used to eat Lemons all the time and they turned her teeth dark.
[www.oxypowder.com]

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: February 06, 2007 09:33AM

I don't think the acid in the lemons are good for the teeth.. I think in the original Master Cleanse/Lemonade Diet book they even recommend rinsing your mouth with water after the lemonade. I heard somewhere else that the acid sucks out minerals out somehow..not sure how true that is. Mixing it with other stuff dilutes it anyway so it can't be that bad.

For me they'd get a yellow tinge to them.. Brushing with baking soda was pretty effective at getting it off.

Wheatgrass Yogi - I use Oxypowder too during fasting and then in the morning I'd do a salt water flush. It works great.

Date: February 07, 2007 02:59AM

I Stand corrected!! My friend told me that her use of Lemons, without rinsing afterwards, when she was much younger, caused tooth enamel erosion, but no discoloration.
LikeItOrNot......I've tried the Master Cleanser's Salt Water Flush too. I've had mixed results and have decided that it's best not to put salt, of any form, into my body. Even the sea vegetable Dulse, causes Fluid Retention.....WY

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 10, 2007 12:44AM

Hi Richard,
Are you drinking mostly vegetable juice on your juice fasts, or fruit juice? Sounds like you're getting a blood sugar crash. I'm on a juice fast right now-- almost exclusively carrot juice-- and it's keeping me pretty steady. When I was younger I did a lot more fruit juice and sometimes got pretty wacked out. I'd recommend diluting your fruit juice with water and finding some tasty vegetable combinations.

Sharrhan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2007 12:45AM by kwan.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 13, 2007 12:08AM

i agree with sharrhan * cool name by the way

the fine tasty vegetables... green ... grounds and balances

won't let u down

making some broccoli celery today

will pick up some dandelions too this evening

can't wait

life is good

Date: February 23, 2007 03:21AM

I'm about to begin a 92 day juice FEAST, I just received my juicer in the mail a few days ago.

I will drink about a gallon of fresh juice daily.

The idea is to cleanse old waste matter while getting the most nutrition you've ever had, and losing no lean body mass. [www.juicefeasting.com]

Date: February 24, 2007 03:50PM

I have a question for kwan (Sharrhan).....You're juicing a lot of carrots....just curious....What kind of juicer do you have? And do you like it?
That JuiceFeasting idea of Archaeopteryx looks like an excellent idea. I'm considering living on Wheatgrass juice and Carrot-Celery juice, in large amounts......WY

Date: February 25, 2007 01:09PM

WY - yes, we've started an extended greeny juice fast over at the main forum, but I definitely want to do it for life. I feel that the two prominent strands of raw-foodism today (besides just all-out junk food rawism, also called "gourmet"winking smiley, the fruit-based and the fat-based, leave an immense amount to be desired, if one looks at the people who supposedly walk their talk in promoting them (assuming that they do indeed). So I think we (or I) need to come up with another option for health-enthusiasts that will deliver anti-aging, energy, joy, intelligence, kindness and stability, beauty, fitness, longevity and health. I am thinking of juicearianism as being the key to unlock the treasures that may otherwise elude raw seekers like me. I am implementing a juice feast, too, in the sense that I will shoot for a gallon a day, to keep calories up, as my usual juice fasts result in a plummet of metabolism. I don't plan to do fruit juice, except perhaps some apple in my green concoctions. Juicefeasting.com allows solids like bee pollen and hemp oil and dulse flakes - I have these on hand but am far from sure whether to implement them, at least at this early stage of living-on-juice-water. Do you think the grass juice would provide sufficient EFAs, or don't you worry about such things?

Date: February 26, 2007 01:27AM

Johnsonandtheshits.....No, I'm not worried about Essential Fatty Acids. I'm going with what He 'told' me to do.......Wheatgrass Juice 3 times a day and Carrot-Celery Juice twice a day making a total of one gallon, plus additional water. The 'Key' to the whole program is the Green Juice. For some reason that 'magic number' is said to be 92-days of Juice Feasting, but I don't see why it couldn't be indefinitely. Anyway, I'm going to put it to the 'test', using my body as a Human Guinea Pig.......WY

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables