Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

confused about greenstar vs. kempo (hippocrates)
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 04, 2008 04:30PM

Hi everyone
I've been doing a bunch of research and had narrowed my purchase down to the greenstar 3000, until someone told me that the Kempo (hippocrates) was comparable and cheaper.
There seems to be a ton of 'political' misinformation and catfighting out there on the subject, so I thought I'd see if anyone has any first hand experience on this topic.
Is there a big difference in machine quality or juice output?
I'll only be juicing for 2 - can I settle for a less heavy-duty model?
I'm not rich! I'd love to be able to get the Kempo if I won't be sacrificing too much. But, being not rich, I also would rather spend more if it means I won't be wasting my money on something I'll need to upgrade later anyway..
Thank in advance for your help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: confused about greenstar vs. kempo (hippocrates)
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: May 04, 2008 05:21PM

Of the two Juicers you mentioned, I'd go with the GreenStar. I've owned both and like the larger twin-gears of the GS better. There is less effort required to push a Carrot through. Clean-up is a 'pain' with both.....WY

Posted by: llulu ()
Date: May 06, 2008 01:43AM

I have the Kempo and love it -- I had a Champion beforehand and it clogged and heated up the juice. I've never used the Green Star, but have absolutely NO complaints about the Kempo. Also, although people complain about cleaning, I don't find the Kempo taxing to clean -- I actually appreciate caring for something that gives me so much in return!

Peace.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: May 09, 2008 12:29PM

you cannot go wrong getting the greenstar.

the kempo is like a smaller more cheaply made twin gear and it cost almost the same as a greenstar.

go all the way and get the best with no future regrets.

jj

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables