Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Phantom's fantastic salad thread!!
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 16, 2008 11:13PM

Every now and again, I am struck with a bolt of inspiration (maybe it was the thunderstorm last night?) and devise an AMAZING salad. So, I'm starting my own personal thread here, and will resurrect it whenever I get an idea again. I don't normally eat salads every day, I'm more of a fruity person, so sometimes a clever salad happens when I am craving something else. >8)

Last night at work, one of the wizards in the kitchen created the most BEAUTIFUL stir-fry at a personal request. I couldn't stop staring at it. It was made with love. It was a work of art.

But it was also made with CHICKEN and FRYING, so it was totally out of the question!! I also feel sad whenever I see a plate of cooked vegetables... I have this feeling in my chest that's like, "What's wrong? What happened to you guys?"

So, I devised this salad today, instead!! Full of love, full of life, and full of magic. >8)

==Salad==

2 heads of romaine, chopped
1 big handful of mixed baby greens

1 head of baby bok choy, whites chopped into thin crescents, greens chopped like lettuce
1 handful of matchsticked carrots (or matchstick your own... I cheated)
1 red pepper, sliced paper-thin
2 sticks of celery, chopped into thin crescents
1 handful of sugar snap peas, destringed
3 green onions, chopped from bulb to tip
1 medium head of broccoli, finely chopped

==Dressing==

1 medium clove of garlic, minced
3 inches of ginger root, grated (I also grated my hand for... extra protein...?)
3 large limes, juice and pulp
1-2 Tbsp agave, or to taste
2-3 Tbsp raw tahini

Mix and enjoy!! I tried Artisana's raw tahini for the first time today, and the taste is distinctly different from non-raw tahini... I totally recommend treating yourself to some if you can! Also, I'm sure Nama Shoyu would have been AWESOME in the dressing, but I've sworn it off. angry smiley Anyway, the salad rocked my world. Hopefully it will rock someone else's world, too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phantom's fantastic salad thread!!
Date: June 17, 2008 03:56PM

" (I also grated my hand for... extra protein...?) "

Heehee. I haven't been here very long but have already singled you out as the person who makes me giggle the most. Enjoy that extra protein!

The salad sounds amaaaazzing. All of my favorite things. Why have I never thought to use raw tahini as part of a salad dressing?? Duh. I will remedy that in about an hour when I have my lunch!

Raw again since April 29, 2008.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 18, 2008 07:40AM

hey phantom

your beautiful fantastic salad thread makes me smile

so love your enthusiasm smiling smiley

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 18, 2008 01:57PM

It makes me smile too.

I made a tahini dressing last night in honor of you!! everyone liked it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables