Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

just starting help please
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 18, 2006 09:38AM

Hi I am new and well alittle dumb at this so please enlighten me how do you make raw rice and how do you eat raw beans? i want to chage my lifestyle just dont no how to perpare this stuff and arent nuts to high in fat if your trying to also lose weight while geting healthy? any help would be great. oh yea if i toast my living bread is it the same as cooking did i kill everything in it? thanks agian Brenda

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: just starting help please
Date: June 18, 2006 12:31PM

Dear Brenda,
When you get answers to your question, would you please forward the results onto me. Thank you very much and good eating.
Rebecca

Re: just starting help please
Date: June 18, 2006 01:09PM

Welcome Brenda & Rebecca, we wish you total health! A mentor I had once told me "BALANCE" is the key to health and loosing weight. Yes, if you eat too many nuts you will have a difficult time loosing weight, there has to be a balance of all the raw foods, IMHO. As far as rice..real rice, i haven't been successful in soaking it. I believe I got this "raw rice" recipe from Raw Guru, they're very good. Below. I didn't like the taste of soaked beans, either. Anything that is heated over 115 degrees, you begin to loose the live enzymes and the real nutrition that is killed with cooking foods.note: Hope this is helpful.
Juleeque

RAw Rice
1 3/4 C peeled fresh parsnips
3 TBS macademia nuts or cashew nuts-raw
3 TBS pine nuts
1 1/2 TBS agave nectar
2 TBS lemon juice
1-2 pinches salt
1 TBS Mild White Miso

Process all in food processer until rice like. Serve with Marinated Veggies (following), in Nori wrappers, etc

Marinated VEggies
1 med carrot, peeled & cut into matchsticks
1 red pepper-matchsticks
1 stalk celery, remove strings, cut into matchsticks
1 scallion, white & pale green only-matchsticks -or- 2 green onions, sliced
1 cucumber-matchsticks
1 yellow squash,peeled & matchsticks
1 lg portabello mushroom or other gourmet mushroom-sliced thin and marinate in
3 TBS sesame oil
1 TBS sesame seed
2 pinches salt
2 tBS lemon juice

opt: sliced avo-add just before serving

Refrig until ready to use. SErve over RAw rice, or on a bed of sprouts & top with sliced avo. Or wrap in Nori wrappers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables