Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blending Mango and seed?
Posted by: Galileo ()
Date: June 21, 2006 10:44AM

HI

I have a Ktec HP3 and I already blend avacado with the seed with no problems. I was wondering if it is possible to blend a Mango including the seed? Has anyone done this??

"I am not rich enough to buy cheap"

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blending Mango and seed?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 24, 2006 12:37PM

Are there any valuable nutrients in avacodo seed? Is it just fun to do or is there a scientific research to back it up?

Re: Blending Mango and seed?
Posted by: Galileo ()
Date: June 24, 2006 01:04PM

Most of the energy a plant expends when making fruits goes into the seeds. It costs a fruit tree a lot of energy to make seeds. The sugary bit that covers the seed does not require a lot of energy for the tree to make.

Fruit tree growers usually take of half or more of the fruits when the fruits are small before the seeds have started to form. This is called "thinning out" the fruit.

The Tree will then produce bigger heavier fruit with a total weight of MORE that if the tree had not been thined out. This is because the tree only needs to make half the seeds. This is much less taxing on the tree so the tree will fruit well every year and not just every few years as the tree will not need to rest.

What this means is a lot of energy has gone into the seeds. So as long as the seeds are edible they are packed with nutrition more so than the outer covering. It would be a shame to throw the seeds in the garbage.

For this reason I almost always blend the seeds along with the fruit.

Galileo

"I am not rich enough to buy cheap"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables