Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Flax Seed Crackers
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 04, 2008 02:12AM

I did not soak the flax seeds.. I was in a time crunch.. next time I will grind up some of the seeds in my coffee grinder first- so there will be some ground some not- will let you know how that experiment goes.
Into the food processor
1 cup of flax seeds
1/2 of a small to medium red onion
1-3 cloves of garlic depending on your taste
lime juice from one lime
1/4 of dehydrated tomatoes reconstituted- save the water.

blend this up adding a bit of the constituted water if it is dry.. It will be a bit sticky but a firm dough.
I add a bit of flax seeds to the water that is left it gets gel like and a bit sticky- helping in the pressing out of the crackers.
On my dehydrator trays lined with teflex or parchment paper take a small amount- about 2 tsps and form into a ball- dipping fingers in the water to prevent sticking. press onto tray- forming a circle cracker- dip fingers in water when pressing down- press into the thinnest you can without making holes in the cracker. do this to all- I got about 40 crackers from this.. you could press into one sheet and score but I found it easier to get an even cracker doing it this way.
I sprinkled with a little more lime juice and a bit of celtic sea salt- put in dehydrator over night- at 110-115. This is a thin but sturdy cracker.. I just love them.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables