Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw pies
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 24, 2006 02:57AM

How do you make pecan pie and spiriulina pie. I esp. have trouble finding a way to make a pie crust since I do not own a dehydrater.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw pies
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 24, 2006 06:39AM

Hi,

you don't need a dehydrater to make sweet pie crust.

He's how I do it:

2+ cups of nuts (depending on desired crunch and crumble)
2 cups of date

Tools:
pie dish/pan
food processor

Put dates in a food processor, chop them up a bit, put nuts (I normally use Almonds) in the food processor with the dates, chop up the nuts until it makes a doughy ball. If you chop the nuts too small, you don't get much of crunch from the crust. Then press the "pie dough" in to a pie dish/pan (I use the once you can press the bottom out of - what are they called?). I like wipe down my pie dish/pan with hemp or coconut oil so the pie with release easily and the slices will come out whole and firm.

Hope this helps!

Ian.

Date: November 14, 2006 03:36AM

Thanks for the pie crust recepie. Now, how do you make pecan and/or spiriulina pie?

Date: November 19, 2006 05:42PM

Please help, thanksgiving is nearing.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: November 20, 2006 03:10AM

Hey 75%! I looked and couldn't find one. I've never made one and I'm not sure I ever made one when I was cooked.

I'm just gonna take a stab at the ingredients, but I don't have a clue as to the amounts. Maybe you could just start and "wing it".

I would start with lots of dates, blended with as small amout of water as possible and some lemon juice and a pinch of salt and some cinnamon. Once that is blended and smooth, you could add some pecans and blend again. You could add some coconut oil if you have it and that would help it to thicken and firm up. Also, mesquite flour has a caramel like flavor - so if you have that, you could thicken it a bit more. If not, you could thicken it with psyllium powder (I've never used it, but I've seen it as a thickening agent in uncooked recipes). You might add some vanilla. You could grind flax seeds in a coffee grinder and then stir them in (not too many, so that it doesn't get slimey) in order to thicken. When all the blending is done, you could stir in ground pecans or even whole pecans. Ian gave you the pie crust info and then you could top the whole thing with whole pecans. There ya go - a 5lb. pecan pie!!!

Good luck! You probably can't fail - just keep adjusting till it looks right and tastes good! Uncooked pies are more fail proof than cooked ones!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Date: November 20, 2006 02:22PM

Thank you, sounds yummy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables