Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw chocolate recipe...
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 19, 2006 04:41PM

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to figure out how to make hardened raw chocolate. I see the little choco. squares that Shazzie and others make, and I just can't figure out how its done! I've tried freezing and all and it still comes out mushy.

Does anyone know how they do that?? Is there a special ingredient I don't know about??

Thanks,
Sarah

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw chocolate recipe...
Date: June 19, 2006 07:51PM

I use raw coconut oil with my carob, and freeze it. I don't know if that is helpful. I mix carob (not entirely raw,but i don't do chocolate), agave, coconut oil and sometimes raw nut butter and toss in chopped nuts and freeze. Yum!
juleeque

Date: September 28, 2006 06:30PM

I believe the special ingredient for hardened raw chocolate is raw cacao butter.

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: September 28, 2006 07:05PM

Yogafruitgirl is correct. I've made hard raw chocolate using raw cacao butter, I've also made with raw coconut oil, but it's messier to eat since the coconut oil melts at such a low temp (Although this gives you a nice melt in the mouth sensation).

The other difference I noticed was combining the agarve and coconut oil was tricky, the agarve wants to sink the the bottom, so you've got to stir it a lot and quickly pour it into a cold container/mold so it hards before they can seperate again.

My recipe goes something like this:
- raw cacao powder
- agarve
- raw coconut oil or raw cacao butter
- pinch of salt
- little bit of vanilla bean

I normally melt the coconut oil or raw cacao butter in bowl which is sitting inside another bowl of hot water. The cacao butter takes a lot longer to melt since it's got a higher melting point, and you don't want to over heat it (all melting is done slowly). Add as much cacao powder and agarve as you want, taste it often so you can get a good balanace. Add the salt and vanilla. The pour in to a form/mold or on a cake or desert, place in the fridge or freezer until hard. Then enjoy.

Ian.

Posted by: carolg ()
Date: October 06, 2006 11:45PM

Thanks everyone. There is a local person selling chocolate made in a mold through our Coop. She said you can't keep it out or it will melt. I wonder what is making it melt fast. She uses tiny molds i.e. pineapple. They are cute. I don't have the ingredients list or have bought any. She has brought some around for her friends to sample, but protective of her recipe I understand. I can't remember if she uses any flavor such as pineapple either. It surely looks like there aren't any nuts as everything is very smooth. I think hers are in refrigerator section of store. I suppose I better take a peak next time I am there.
carolg

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: January 09, 2007 04:36PM

The coconut oil makes it melt fast! You need to use something firmer if you want chocolate to sit out for a little longer.

Posted by: rawlife ()
Date: January 10, 2007 10:34PM

i made these with raw chocolate rocks, but you can use cacao oil

Posted by: rawlife ()
Date: January 10, 2007 10:35PM

they are strawberry, mango, and rasberry filings
the pyramids are brandy soaked dried cherries.

brett

Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: January 10, 2007 11:38PM

WOW!

Posted by: deemel ()
Date: January 11, 2007 07:18AM

Oh God,
I think I am in love with you, Rawlife!!!
They look amazing
Good on you!
Cheers
Deemel

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 11, 2007 04:24PM

Rawlife, they look amazing, how do you get the filling inside?

My chocolate recipes:
[www.rawrob.com]
[www.rawrob.com]

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2007 04:27PM by Funky Rob.

Date: January 12, 2007 08:05PM

Can I seriously order a box of these from you? They look divine incredible!!! Yum, yum.

Posted by: Petals ()
Date: January 17, 2007 04:23AM

rawlife, those chocolates are gorgeous. Chocolate making is my next project after I get my natures first law shipment this week!

Posted by: trinity082482 ()
Date: January 18, 2007 10:11PM

Whoa Raw! What's your chocolate recipe. I'm amazed you got them so soild. Can you leave them out for over 15 min without them melting?

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: January 28, 2007 09:27PM

trinity082482 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you leave them out for over 15 min without them melting?

If you use cacao butter as the base, then yes. Cacao butter is solid at room temperature.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables