Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Foods for the Bachelor
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 15, 2007 07:57AM

i don't cook at all, and I'm not so sure i want to, but I do want to start doing some raw foods stuff. I already cut down on meat when i can, and recently i've tried to eat a lot less cooked stuff, but when i go to the grocery store, i feel like there is not a lot i can actually buy that fits the 'raw foods' label.

what can i eat that requires little to no preparation?

for instance, i'm used to eating a lot of oatmeal - Quakers,etc - can i still eat that stuff?

and i'm used to eating a lot of pasta (restaurants) - that's a staple for me. so, what now?

thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2007 07:58AM by shmooth.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Foods for the Bachelor
Posted by: sewraw ()
Date: September 16, 2007 01:38AM

Shmooth,

I will write a little more when I have more time (I am suppose to be getting ready for work but am goofing around on-line instead).

I hate to "pass the buck" onto a book but one particular book has rather simple recipes and I highly recommend it - "Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People" by Jennifer Cornbleet.

I also recommend doing what you are - making small changes and cutbacks. An overnight transition does not work well for many people and the challenge of learning new food prep could prove a bit overwhelming and frustrating until one gets into a groove.

Obviously, any fresh vegetables and fruits you purchase will fit the raw food label. If you are looking at something that is in a package or jar, odds are it is not raw. This is not necessarily an issue depending on what you want. For example, the tahini I recently purchased is not raw. However using tahini is a much better alternative than a jar of peanut butter.

Okay, I have to hit the shower so I will offer more suggestions when I get off work.

Oh, do you have any kitchen "tools" - blender, food processor, juicer? They are not necessities and if you don't have any and can only afford to purchase one, I personally recommend a good food processor. Just about anything you can do in a blender you can do in a food processor and then some - just my opinion.

Patty

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables