Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Just a few questions
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 07, 2008 03:23AM

Ok so I am new to this, have been doing a lot of reading and researching. I am going on my first "raw" grocery shopping trip tomorrow and I was wondering what are some basic things to get besides the obvious fruits and veggies. Like things you would find in a typical raw foodist's kitchen I guess? Also, what are the basic items needed for raw food prep, where can you get them, and what do they cost?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just a few questions
Posted by: Dulset ()
Date: January 08, 2008 04:03PM

I use Namu shoyu (lightly)instead of salt in recipes. It's nice to have raw Tahini on hand for dressings. I always have a good supply of Medjool dates on hand. It's nice to have a stash of almonds if you need almond milk. Raw Agave syrup for seetener. Flax seeds and sesamee seeds.

Re: Just a few questions
Posted by: dafodil ()
Date: January 09, 2008 06:22AM

Pure vanilla extract, dried coconut, coconut oil (butter), good cocoa, avocados, nutritional yeast, maple syrup, raw honey, raw agave, seeds for sprouting, good whole grain mustard, good olive oils. Juicer and food processor are good to have also. And a dehydrator.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables