Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I've got a bunch of basil
Posted by: Little Bug ()
Date: June 29, 2006 05:48PM

Is there a soup recipe that blends up basil? I'm not in the mood for a pesto.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I've got a bunch of basil
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: June 29, 2006 06:12PM

I love basil.

I like to treat basil as a green and put a whole bunch in a salad. Something like lettuce, pear, grated carrot, tomatoes, basil, onion/shallow and some hemp oil and nama shoyu for dressing.

Another salad I like to make with basil is get a bunch of nice juicy tomatoes (aireloom work great), slice them up (not too small), add the basil (rip up an big leafs, but try to keep the smaller ones whole), add some pepper (to taste, I like some spice), a dash of oil and nama shuyo.

If I don't have nama shuyo, some lemon juice and salt could be used instead.

Ian.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: July 22, 2006 07:45PM

It won't be long before the gardens (at least in my area) explode! That means that my sister, neice and mother will be chasing around town to find me and dump their excess produce on me! I'm not complaining - but I WILL be busy. I came home last year to find a 3 foot zuchinni on my kitchen counter - my brother had been on vacation, so everybody in the family got one!!!!

Anyhoo, here's something that I do: Blend up tomatoes, water, garlic, basil, olive oil, salt and agave nectar to make tomato soup. Pour the soup into a bowl and then add anything you like, chopped celery, avocado in cubes, chopped onion, more chopped tomatoes, sunflower greens or other sprouts, chopped zuchinni, etc. Sit and smile at your soup before you eat it! It's so pretty and healthy! I love it. Last year my neice kept delivering tomatoes and I absolutely HATE to waste food. I made bunches of soup from tomatoes that she was still bringing by in early November and froze them in cartons. I don't really like to eat all that much frozen foods, but I did have frozen soup to take out of the freezer all winter long. I added lots of raw veggies, warmed up the soup on the stove - using a food thermometer and had THE BEST SOUP EVER AND THE BEST WINTER EVER!!!!!!!!! I'm tellin' ya - I LOVE this raw thing!!!!

Life Is Good!!!!

alive!

Posted by: Little Bug ()
Date: August 06, 2006 02:42AM

Thanks! Sounds yummmmmy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables