Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Crackers and breads in a dehydrator
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 18, 2008 07:43PM

Hi.
One of my favorite foods has always been various types of breads and crackers...in a wordconfused smileyTARCH! And its late at nite I get cravings for that kind of food.But I dont want to continue eating all the cooked products,even the "good" ones,anymore.
I was wondering if anyone here has had good success in making their own breads and crackers in a dehydrator,and what recipes you are using.
Thanks!
Brian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Crackers and breads in a dehydrator
Posted by: cy ()
Date: March 19, 2008 10:17PM

I have an amazing recipe (my oppinion) for flax crackers.Very simple.
2 C flax seeds soaked for a day (it will be 4 c the next day )
2 C of any veggies that you want or even pulp from your veggie juice
1/2 onion
1 C sundried tomatoes
salt
I use turmerec because it is very good for the liver but you can use any spice that you want,and more spices that you want.
Blend the veggies,onion,sundried tomatoes,salt,spices. Pour flax seeds and the blended veggies together and dehydrate it for 12 h or more if you want it to be crunch.
Good luck !

Date: March 19, 2008 11:45PM

Thanks cy!
I did figure that the base of any kind of cracker would be ground up or blended "something".

Posted by: frances ()
Date: March 20, 2008 01:33AM

You can also use wheat as the base of your raw crackers, but you'll need to sprout it first for a couple of days. (Soak the wheat berries 8-12 hours, then rinse and drain twice or three times a day.) When the root is about as long as the grain itself, blend it up a food processor. After that it becomes pretty much like cy's flax recipe. Other ingredients are flexible and optional.

Another note: I've found that if you want crispiness, the trick is to spread the batter very thinly for dehydration. Spread thicker for more chewiness.

Date: March 21, 2008 12:30AM

Thanks for the tips!!
smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables