Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Its tooooooo crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Keepitsimple3344 ()
Date: May 11, 2008 05:20AM

Has anyone heard it is no good to mix sweet fruit with tomatoes and cucumbers and....

I only really enjoy sweet fruit and I was throughing in my tomatoes and cucmbers so to get those types of nutrients into diet until I heard sweet fruit is only fruit digesting in small intestines.Tomatoes and others digest in stomach,thus causing digestion problems.

I can only do so much!! Has anyone heard this about dont mix tomatoes,cucumbers and...... with sweet fruit?????????????????????????

Also,if you only truly enjoy sweet fruit but you love that and nuts and avacodoes is that ok to live off or am I doing my body a true disservice by not eating non sweet fruit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Its tooooooo crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: rawangel ()
Date: May 11, 2008 09:37PM

yes, i've read this with some food combining books i have

i generally only eat sweet fruits solo as they digest easily on their own (20-30 mins for me)

if i combine them with other foods and non-sweet fruits i get terrible and immediate gas

i only add non-sweet fruits to my smoothies now

however, if you're not experiencing any digestive issues...hmmm...maybe don't worry about it?

Date: May 27, 2008 04:41PM

Hmmm... interesting! I have added cucumber to my green fruit smoothies in the morning and have not had any adverse effects. This is good to know though!

My website: The Coconut Chronicles

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: May 31, 2008 12:25PM

I heard if they are BLENDED together, no digestion problems as they are already broken down. If eaten whole, then it can be a problem.

Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: June 07, 2008 10:44PM

According to what I've learned, because tomatoes and cukes (along with avocado and bell pepper) are botanically classified as fruit (fruit-vegetables, if you prefer) they can be combined with any kind of sweet fruit without adverse digestive distress. However, if you're eating melon, please eat if alone, and before any other fruit. It's the fastest digesting food on the planet and you wouldn't want to slow down it's 20 minute journey through your stomach.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables