Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Any seeds "un"blendable?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 03, 2006 12:32PM

Hi,
I'm new to blending and have been reading about the healthy benefits of blending the seeds along with the fruits/veggies. Are there any seeds that shouldn't be blended? I thought I remembered that some seeds may even be poisonous? Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any seeds "un"blendable?
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: August 01, 2006 06:17PM

Bump. I'd like to know, too. Right now I'm still using an old blender and I have to plead with it to blend tomatoes! But, I'm hoping to convince my husband that I NEED a 3hp blender once the old faithful one quits. Anybody know any seeds to stay away from?

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: August 01, 2006 06:25PM

Apple seeds are poisonous.

Posted by: mallow ()
Date: August 03, 2006 03:55PM

Well, they do contain cyanide, but I use to eat them all the time as a kid, and never noticed any ill affects.

Posted by: Galileo ()
Date: August 23, 2006 11:06PM

Peach seeds plum seeds and nectarine seeds do not blend in my HP3 they are really really tough. The blender knocks them about and they end up badly damaged but still intact. They didn't damage the blender but left chiped bits of seed in my smoothie.

Avacado seeds believe it or not blend really well with no problems. In fact all other seeds (Except the ones listed) I have tried so far blend well.

Apple seeds contain very small amounts of cyanide like mallow said so I don't blend them. I sometimes don't bother to de-seed them if I am in a hurry as my liver will take care of the small number I eat. You would have to eat an awful lot to do you any harm but I wouldn't loose sleep over eating a few unless you had some sort of pre-existing medical condition.

There was one recorded death in the UK many years ago of someone who died from eating too many apple seeds but I am not sure how many seeds they ate.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables