Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

using seaweed
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: February 19, 2009 10:32AM

I used to loathe seaweed but i have discovered a nori wrap that i like. I chop up lettuce, watercress, sugar snaps, basil, few subdried toms (not sure if they are raw ) and half mashed avocado. Lay on untoasted nori wrap, roll and thinly slice.

Why do the instructions on the nori tell one to toast it? Do most people not consider it palatable raw?

Please could you give me any more ideas for using seaweed bearing in mind that i do not have a dehydrator and do not get on with sprouts.

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: using seaweed
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: February 22, 2009 06:10PM

I don't toast it.

You can buy it pre-toasted. I don't think it's necessary to toast it.

I use nori for wraps. I mix up what I put in there, depending on what's in my fridge. The possibilities are endless...

I haven't tried it, but I read somewhere about putting nut butter and banana inside a rolled up nori sheet. Hmm. Maybe. smiling smiley

Re: using seaweed
Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: February 28, 2009 05:31PM

Seaweed pieces broken into bits are a great addition to salad.
I prefer to soak the seaweed for 20 minutes to 8 hours before adding to a salad or smoothie.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables