Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

protein
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 30, 2010 08:52PM

If i eat 65% raw foods and alot of it is spinach and other leafy green am I getting enough protein? I have not eaten any meat for about 3 weeks and trying to get protein from raw nuts and seeds is this ok ? Hemp seeds are a big part of my diet just wanna know am i heading in the right direction when it comes to protein?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: protein
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 01, 2010 01:34AM

It sounds like you're doing lots of things right. I'd bet you are getting more than enough protein if you are eating lots of leafy greens, nuts and seeds. (Spinach is especially high in protein, as leafy greens go.) The best thing to do is to enter what you eat on a site like www.fitday.com to monitor what percentage of your intake is protein. You can use it to check other nutrients as well. I did it often when I first started to eat a raw food diet, although I hardly use it now.

Here's an article on protein requirements that you might want to read:
[www.vrg.org]

Good luck and welcome!

My favorite raw vegan

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables