Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sea spaghetti, delicious
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 26, 2010 06:36PM

I just received my shipment of sea spaghetti from Sirova a day or so ago. It's wonderful. I know it was difficult for Sirova to get these into the US. So, I'm glad they did. Briefly, sea spaghetti looks physically like brown linguini and has a light taste that goes well with a variety of sauces and seasonings. It's delivered in a dehydrated form and is easily reconstituted and kept in a water bath in the refrigerator that the Sirova folks recommend changing twice a day. I've been doing that and it's been working out well.

Though the comparisons with Sea Tangles kelp noodles are inevitable, I tend to appreciate what each product brings. The kelp noodles look like cellophane bean thread noodles and have a little bit of a crunch to them which is minimized through soaking overnight in lemon water. The kelp noodles are more processed, more expensive (by weight at serving) and less nutritious than the sea spaghetti. But, they offer a very different dining experience. Kelp noodles will have their place along side my sea spaghetti and arame (my other favorite sea vegetables).

Overall, sea spaghetti has been great. Looking forward to trying out the garlic sea spaghetti recipe on Goneraw.com Best.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sea spaghetti, delicious
Posted by: LindaLB ()
Date: April 29, 2010 10:01PM

I'd love to try this. Where did you buy it?

Posted by: Laura-Jane ()
Date: May 02, 2010 02:21AM

I've never tried this because I'm really cheap. But I really want some!! Sirova is great. I've never bought any of her stuff from her store, but she has a lot of good recipes.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 03, 2010 11:58AM

LindaLB Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd love to try this. Where did you buy it?

Here's the link. [www.sirova.com] and if you want to try the kelp noodles I mentioned. [www.kelpnoodles.com]

Paul

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables