Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

butternut squash soup ideas
Posted by: stellium ()
Date: May 16, 2010 12:43AM

HELLO

I just bought a bag of butternut squash at Trader Joes on a whim. I know, I know I didn't buy the squash and chop it myself but I wanted to try it out first.

I eat a few pieces raw but don't think I could do a whole serving that way.

I'd like to blend it! I saw some recipes online but nothing jumped out at me. What would be YOUR fave butternut squash soup recipe?

OR other ways of eating it?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: butternut squash soup ideas
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: May 16, 2010 05:21AM

Raw butternut squash is kind of hard to get into, so getting it in pieces is entirely understandable.

I rarely make recipes now, but here's one that is nut-free and seed-free. Yay!

Make a taco filling of butternut squash processed in a food processor with red bell pepper, sun-dried tomato, cilantro, cumin, sea salt and pepper. (Of course you could add some kind of nuts or seeds to this filling if you like.)

For a shell, wrap it in Romaine lettuce leaves. (Or if you're really into it, find a raw recipe for dehydrated taco shells. I made an easy one from flax seeds.)

Top the taco with bits of tomato, green onion, and avocado. If you have the time and ingredients, make pico de gallo out of tomato, cilantro, green onion, garlic, lime juice, corn kernels, salt and pepper. Garnish with avocado slices.

Ole'!

My favorite raw vegan

Re: butternut squash soup ideas
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: May 16, 2010 01:34PM

Im not entirely sure about butternut squash soup raw, it can probably be done... I know with cooked butternut squash soup, heavy cream and a little bit of rosemary are a must... im not sure that would work out to well in a blender if making raw soup though, at least not the heavy cream... maybe blended into smoothies? its sweetness could probably help allot, or if one wanted something that tastes more like real butternut squash soup, id say blend with some water or other relatively neutral flavored liquid, then add squash and a little bit of rosemary leaves, strip them off the stem, and see if it can blend it up well enough to where yoy cant notice they are there...then a tiny bit of salt, and then add some heavy cream after blending if you want to make it more like real butternut squash soup... Ive never tried this be4 though, these are just ideas!!! so dont hate me if they turn out yucky!lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables