Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cantaloupe!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: July 05, 2010 08:17AM

I have never seen a more amazing sale on cantaloupe in my life!!! The smallest ones are over 3-lbs, I've even bought many so far that are over 5-lbs!!! and they are all $1 each!!!!!!!!! now, Im enjoying eating them all by themselves, but does anybody have any ideas for recipes (other than smoothies) using cantaloupe? I had an idea of freezing cantaloupe in small pieces, then on tuesday when I get my omega 8004, maybe make some blueberry cantaloupe sorbet?! any other ideas?grinning smiley (raw cantaloupe soup is out too...LOL...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cantaloupe!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 05, 2010 05:42PM

Ooh, we have one on top of the fridge. I think we'll eat it for lunch.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 05, 2010 11:27PM

The sorbet is an excellent idea, and I like to use frozen cantaloupe for smoothies.

Date: July 06, 2010 01:39AM

How long does anyone know cantaloupe can handle being frozen and it still taste good? cause tomorrow is the last day of the sale, and Im gonna stock up!!!lol

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: liponeer ()
Date: August 19, 2010 03:44AM

When I had someone from Iran living with me he used to blend cantaloupe, water and cardamom. It's delicious.

Posted by: Swayze ()
Date: August 19, 2010 04:02PM

I would be careful combining melon with other foods. Tender leafy greens are fine, but really anything else can lead to indigestion (even other fruits). Melons are just so water-rich and so digest really quickly.

Swayze
[www.fitonraw.com]

Date: August 20, 2010 01:46AM

I have been combining watermelon rind with kale, carrots,and red lettuce in juices, and eating watermelon and mangos and nectarines, and I have had no problems... I have noticed feeling uncomfortable if I eat allot of watermelon by itself...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 20, 2010 03:04PM

I can't eat melon with anything else at all. Even eating it on it's own makes me burpy, I suspect that would, erm, change if YKWIM were I to combine melon with other foods. Not so nice.

I'll try freezing it, it's happening locally here and they are just yum delish!

Date: August 20, 2010 11:12PM

hmmm, I wonder whats different about my gut that makes me able to more easily digest melon and combine it with other stuff? anybody have any ideas? I dont have a clue... I mean, juicing has helped my digestion ALLOT, but Im sure allot of you juice as well, so that cant really be the main difference...i dunno...

for me, I found cantaloupe is nasty when defrosted, but makes a very interesting sorbet, I enjoyed it more with strawberries than anything else, im thinking though of trying it with some kinda veggie, maybe cucumber?

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 21, 2010 12:10AM

Yah, everything is yuck when defrosted. So mooshy! Some foods tend to make me burpy, apples, cukes, melon. I eat the apples and melons alone mostly but the cukes are ok in salad.

Date: August 21, 2010 12:36AM

Cukes makes me burp too! nomatter what else I ate it always tastes like cucumbers too... so Ive decided to start eating cucumbers at the end of the meal... weird though, it doesn't happen with pickled cucumbers... Apples dont bother me at all, I love them, but cheap wal-mart apple juice makes me sick and burpy...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: August 21, 2010 01:52AM

Maybe they are musk melons if they are big like that? I always wondered if the names are interchangable or if musk melons are the large ones. I also think they have more water...

Date: August 21, 2010 02:02AM

I thought musk melons looked a bit different... but whichever they are, they taste the same, and they where awesomely delicious...and cheap!!! I still have some left frozen in juicer sized chunk (scooped them out with a spoon!)

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: August 31, 2010 12:39AM

I like to blend cantaloupe with milk and ice, mmmm soooo good

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: September 12, 2010 01:54PM

I love how cheap even organic melon gets by the end of summer/beginning of fall.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Date: September 15, 2010 04:13PM

me too

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Date: September 26, 2010 06:34AM

I can't eat melon with anything else at all. Even eating it on it's own makes me burpy, I suspect that would, erm, change if YKWIM were I to combine melon with other foods. Not so nice. bridal gowns,
wedding gowns,
mother of bride dresses,

I'll try freezing it, it's happening locally here and they are just yum delish!

~The real trick to life is not to be in the Know
but to be in the Mystery.~

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables