Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Jicama ideas: got any?
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: October 21, 2010 02:31AM

I made a little side dish today just peeling a jicama and cutting into slices like french fries. Then I sprinkled with the juice of one lime, a bit of sea salt, and some chili powder. My boyfriend really liked it!smiling smiley I would like other ideas if anyone has any...Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jicama ideas: got any?
Posted by: RocketShip ()
Date: November 10, 2010 06:38AM

I just like it alone... it is so fresh and crunchy. Perfect.

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: November 15, 2010 01:48AM

It's also great as a salad ingredient.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: November 28, 2010 03:45PM

yeah, I enjoy it in fruit salads, or sliced up and tossed in with conventional salads...mmmmmmmmmm...jicaaaaaaama...*drools* now im hungry:/...

Two more ideas, which I haven't tried, but sound really good now that im thinking about it...

slice thin rounds, if one can do a kinda crinkle cut, like ruffles potato chip has, that would be great, then you could use it really easy as a sorta chip for a delicious mango salsa! or maybe even an avocado and lime dip I happen to enjoy...mmmm (I love using red jalapeno in my mango salsa btw, looks really pretty and adds a lil kick!)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 29, 2010 01:04AM

Great ideas, Curator. Do you have a spiral slicer? I am wondering about a device that can crinkle cut plus do noodles...

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: November 29, 2010 10:04AM

no, I just tried it this morning, and used an old style steak knife, it made a kinda crinkle cut look, and it was delicious with the mango salsa...mmmmmmm I wish I could afford to eat this everyday...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables