Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does anybody know how to make an oatmeal cookie that doesn't taste QUITE so much like sawdust???
Posted by: LindaLB ()
Date: November 28, 2010 06:57PM

I really miss that cooked oatmeal cookie flavor. But all the oatmeal cookies I have tried to make just fall flat. It seems that the raw oat just kinda tastes like cardboard. What to do? thanks!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does anybody know how to make an oatmeal cookie that doesn't taste QUITE so much like sawdust???
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: November 29, 2010 01:05AM

Hey, what do you have against sawdust?winking smiley

Re: Does anybody know how to make an oatmeal cookie that doesn't taste QUITE so much like sawdust???
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: November 29, 2010 10:07AM

hmmm, I think I know of one my mom used to make, but nothing else about it is healthy or raw,LOL...just the oats, its like a chocolate peanut butter refrigerator cookie...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 28, 2011 07:09PM

I like to put some rolled oats (about 1 cup) and nuts/seeds (about 1 cup) in the food processor, and grind them until they're pretty powdery. Then I slowly add in medjool dates with the pit removed, tasting the mixture as I go until it's sweet enough. I add in a pinch of salt, and maybe some cinnamon. Then, with the processor running, I slowly drizzle in extra virgin olive oil until the mixture is doughy (it doesn't take much!). Sometimes, at this point, I'll mix in some cocoa nibs or nut pieces by hand (you might want to add raisins, or some whole rolled oats for texture, if you like traditional oatmeal cookies). Then I roll them into little balls, and flatten them out on a baking sheet, and store them in the freezer.

Not sure if that was quite what you're looking for, it's worth a shot. They're really tasty. yawning smiley)

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: February 19, 2011 08:00PM

You could try making the raw nut butter balls and adding in oatmeal. I love the taste of them because it tastes so much like cookie batter.

You can also add or delete ingredients to suit your taste.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables