Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dehydrating Veggie Pulp
Posted by: Amarie ()
Date: March 08, 2011 07:55PM

Hello,

i'm hoping this is the best place to post -- i am looking for ideas on what to do with the veggie pulp leftover from juicing . . . i have been dehydrating it & grinding into a powdery form to use later as a type of spicing . . . but, being a novice with dehydrating, i am now wondering whether this process alone ensures preservation (i've read, for example, that you want to use extra ingredients like ascorbic acid for fruit) -- Does anyone have thoughts on whether it is safe to assume the powder this process yields would have shelf-life similar to spices?

thanks for any thoughts!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dehydrating Veggie Pulp
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 09, 2011 12:15AM

hmmm, I do not know... BUT I really like making dehydrated crackers out of the pulp, like taking kale pulp, nutritional yeast, tiny bit of salt...mix it all together then roll it out super super super thin and cut into sections and dehydrate...mmmmm!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Amarie ()
Date: March 17, 2011 06:59PM

does sound good -- thanks for the idea

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 18, 2011 04:26AM

yw! it is quite tasty! it almost becomes the consistency of dough for me, I almost forgot to mention I add a lil olive oil or grapeseed oil to it as well, I think ive heard of people using a tiny bit of water instead, that is probably better... I need to try that when or if I get another dehydrator...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables