Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Washing vegs and fruits
Posted by: thickskin ()
Date: March 30, 2011 04:46PM

Ok where I live organic foods cost me a bundle. For a while I'm going with regular stuff. Best way to wash? Do you think I could ever get everything out...the bad stuff? I have a friend who rinses her vegs in vinegar....I don't know how that would work. Any suggestions? Thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Washing vegs and fruits
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 30, 2011 04:53PM

50% vinegar and water is pretty good. Food grade iodine, I use MMS (miracle mineral solution). Peel everything you can and eat heavy on the dark greens for detox (cilantro and parsley are great).

Look up the dirty dozen to see which foods are best to buy organic and which ones are sprayed the least so fine to eat conventional and shop accordingly when possible.

Date: March 30, 2011 05:31PM

Ok cool Just bought cilantro so do I mix it with the greens? What does it actually do?
Just looked up the Dirty Dozen. Interesting. I put it in my favs. Thanks Gee spinach is on the list of the most contaminated. May have to think twice before I make that smoothie. LOL So my friend was right about the vinegar. It amazing that stuff you can do anything with it.

Date: March 30, 2011 06:38PM

You have to soak in vinegar solution for 15 mins for it to be effective, forgot to mention.

Cilantro is really tasty, you can look up recipes with it or you can juice it. Not fabulous in a smoothie though, it's very strong. It supposedly pulls heavy metals from the body. Good for detox etc.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: March 30, 2011 06:42PM

I find it delicious in a tomato smoothie!!!! thats more of a raw soup though than a smoothie,lol... but its deliciousgrinning smiley

Posted by: Corathegreen ()
Date: April 01, 2011 06:31PM

Cilantro is an amazing detox. I have no idea how it works but it does something intense to me. I have experimented with it a bit now and eat time I eat a lot of it (It seems I have to up my amount every time which is good-means I'm clearing out) I get heavy metal detox symtoms, similar to when I detoxed with lugols iodine... I get this very strong metallic taste in my spit. Then the next day it goes away and I feel better. These last few days I've been eating cilantro and so far, no metal taste! I need to read more about this stuff and what it actually does.

Thanks for the info about the "Dirty dozen". Organic is getting expensive over here too.

Date: April 01, 2011 06:44PM

Grow as much of your own as you can and start stocking up on seeds. You can do it even in a small apartment. And sprouts! Easy to grow, cheap fresh greens year round.

I have cilantro in the fridge, I think I'll make juice for dinner. The kids love making juice with me, they are so funny about it.

Date: April 02, 2011 12:07AM

Yes Ive started on the sprouts. Ive got one growing now but what about other ones. I'm a little confused about where do buy them. At the health food stores where I bought this one? I probably walked right by them. How about ebay I saw a few sellers who sell seeds.
Corathegreen How will I know I'm detoxing? I'm not sure what the "symptoms" would be.

Date: April 02, 2011 12:14AM

You can order them if they can't be found anywhere close. Here's a place if you're in the states [www.wheatgrasskits.com]
and another if you're in Canada [www.sprouting.com]

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: August 03, 2011 09:41PM

I used to wash my stuff with some hydrogen peroxide mixed into the water. (i've since forgotten the ratio you're supposed to use.) i think it's like 1:10 water. i think that's what's in those spray washes at the store.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables