Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

advice please x x
Posted by: veganicity ()
Date: April 04, 2011 02:58PM

Hello,
Ok, this is my situation....im vegan and am about 75% raw - Im on the search for a reliable , appetising recipe raw book which isnt based on avocado, oils, and coconut. I want photographs - though as long as one book has photos, that'll do for inspiration...the remainder can be just recipe based.

I also need advice on julienne slicers? And definately dehydrators.....i have a one bed flat and not much space but i dont use my conventional oven at all. I am aware an excalibur is the size of one big microwave oven and this seems HUGE - if i bought one, id use it little and often... WHat should i get - large or smaller - and which make? Stockli or excalibur?

Sorry about all the questions....thanks for listening,
x x x

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: advice please x x
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 04, 2011 03:08PM

Check out the sunny raw kitchen blog, there are amazing recipes there with terrific photos. Everything I have tried from there has been delicious. You can substitute ingredients you don't love too.

I have had the saladacco slicer which makes very nice angelhair pasta and thin spiral slices as well. Excellent machine and very affordable.

Everything I ever read about the excalibur suggested going for the largest size you can afford. It is supposed to be much more economical power wise to dehydrate bigger batches less often than small batches frequently. You have to get something that will work for you though. Mine is very large and fits on a shelf next to the fridge but it would fit on top of the fridge if I needed to store it there. It is nice to use in winter time because it heats up the house, in the warmer months I'll use it on the back porch.

Re: advice please x x
Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: July 31, 2011 03:42AM

alissa cohen raw cert is awesome
there's not much else like drying herbs in an excalibur 9 tray
where there's a will there's a way

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables