Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What should I do with raw green cardamom pods? Anyone?
Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: October 16, 2011 07:05PM

I have a nice little pouch of green cardamom pods. They look uncooked. Has anyone tried grinding them? I'd love to use them up in something nice but have no idea where to start. Any advice/suggestions welcome.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What should I do with raw green cardamom pods? Anyone?
Posted by: GeorgieB ()
Date: November 12, 2011 06:06PM

If you like to make an raw almond, chia pudding you can add a little cardamom to it. Gives it a slightly Indian slant.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 12, 2011 06:49PM

Soak in water in a sunny window for sun tea, I'd add the other spices found in chai tea for something very flavourful.

Date: November 25, 2011 01:56AM

i tried it as a base for some of my "rootbeer" just soaked whole (I admit, i got impatient and nuked it for a half a minute, though the cold soaking for the minute i waited actually did flavor the water a little) nice and spicy tone with no caffeine.

whole raw cardamom pod
brown sugar
teensy bit rootbeer extract

Date: November 26, 2011 02:45AM

i cold steeped about a tablespoon of seedpods in the 2 cups of water in the fridge overnight - not bad with the rootbeer extract and brown sugar - like a kicked up vitamin water. (herbally it's sounds to be good for you, well, me at least) it's got a fairly strong flavor of the cardamom

Date: November 29, 2011 01:48AM

ooh, i love this. thank you coco for the idea. i made a big thing of it, i'm calling it rootbeer tonic, and it actually today tasted like the sweet tea from Wendy's. (except less sugar and no caffeine)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables