Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Something that tastes like fast food tongue sticking out smiley (No dehydrator sad smiley )
Posted by: cadybennet ()
Date: March 08, 2009 03:28PM

hello friends smiling smiley
Does anyone know a dehydratorless recipe that tastes like.. you know, junkfood, pizza or soyburger or something?

I'd love to hear your recipes!

have a nice raw day, xoxo cady

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Something that tastes like fast food tongue sticking out smiley (No dehydrator sad smiley )
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 08, 2009 04:31PM

cady you can make junkfood like stuff like pizza in raw versions smiling smiley quite often there are certain triggers in junkfood that we crave .. it might be the salt or the spices and herbs

i used to love garlic salt an pepper fried chicken wings, i could eat pounds of them ... when i craved that after going vegan i used the same spices on raw chunks of zuchini .. and ya know what its not the chicken flesh i craved its the sage, garlic, salt , pepper and oil .. smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Re: Something that tastes like fast food tongue sticking out smiley (No dehydrator sad smiley )
Posted by: ksandberg2002 ()
Date: March 11, 2009 11:26PM

Jgunn,

Are you using fresh minced garlic & sage or the dried in a shaker? I LOVE garlic!

Kim

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 11, 2009 11:32PM

i used the dried stuff as at the time as thats what i was used to .. but mmm some nice chunks of garlic on some olive oil drizzled zuchini would probably be good too smiling smiley little chopped fresh sage smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: cadybennet ()
Date: March 12, 2009 01:56PM

thanks a lot smiling smiley
Do you know a recipe in which you won't need a dehydrator?

thank you very much again, have a wonderful banana-day smiling smiley
xoxo cady

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: March 19, 2009 12:41AM

If you want something vaguely reminiscent of junk but still vegan and not dehydrated I'll suggest cooking. Just a little bit.

Homemade black bean burger (cooked black beans, cornmeal, oatmeal, onions, carrots, tomato, peppers, spices, nuts/seeds), dump them all into a food processor with the S-blade and process to a thick paste, shape into patties and *cook* them in a lightly greased frying pan. These are way cheaper than prepared veggie burgers.

Serve over Ezekiel sprouted bread with avocado slices, sprouts, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions, and the condiments of your choice.

You can make raw ketchup with dates and tomatoes and raw mayo with nuts and lemon juice. There are recipes floating around. There is probably a raw mustard out there, and raw horseradish for certain.

You can still make this mostly raw by calories using lots of nuts/seeds in your condiments and avocado slices.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables