Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Freezing hummus
Posted by: chat ()
Date: July 14, 2012 03:18PM

Made some raw hummus today, sprouted chickpeas tahini garlic parsley onion turmeric coriander seed lemon juice olive oil. Ended up with quite a bit of the end product, so decided to freeze some of it.

I used silicone cupcake cases for freezing, which are ideal size for small batches I wanted. I googled the matter and not many reports out there, some people say the texture of the hummus changes a little after freezing, that it becomes softer. I thought if so it doesn't seem like a big deal, hummus is a dip after all. But I'll report once Ive tried one of my batchessmiling smiley

Has anyone here tried to freeze hummus, how did you like it?

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Freezing hummus
Posted by: chat ()
Date: July 21, 2012 12:42PM

Unfroze one cupcake of hummus today, and it turned out fine - if there was a difference between fresh and unfrozen I didn't notice. Seemed as yummy as it was!

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Re: Freezing hummus
Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: November 23, 2012 07:05AM

Do you find that the raw, sprouted chickpeas digest well for you? Another take on the raw hummos idea for those that can't easily eat sprouted legumes would be to use zucchini (my favorite) or cashews.

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables