Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Turkey Liberation Day Tips......
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: November 18, 2012 05:56PM

Just wanted to tell everybody a little secret about pumpkin during the holidays. As I've learned more about raw foods I learned that butternut squash tastes BETTER than pumpkin in recipes as many of you may already know. BUT, the ultimate replacement is Kabocha squash!

As many of you know cauliflower makes a great mashed potato like substance. pretty and white, especially if you throw a few macadamia's in there. BUT some of you may have experienced the extreme heat that the sulfur has in the cauliflower. When it gets blended up it releases its natural heat. SO to prevent that and make the flavor super smooth we have discovered to marinate it for a day or so first! We use a little lemon juice, salt, (we used kraut juice too,not vital) use anything you want. But i think the crucial factor is some acid and salt in a base of seasoned water. make sure its rich and flavorful so the "potatoes" taste yummy.

we are gonna make a pumpkin pie using kabocha squash, dates, dehydrated butternut squash(to help thicken it), the meat from 1 or 2 young coconuts, a little coconut oil. we are 100% raw so we don't mess with cashews, or maple syrup. its so dang hard to find recipes without that jive. I don't always want to replace things. Sometimes its nice for the recipe to be ideal as is. so we are doing our own!! happy turkey liberation month guys ! ! ! ! !

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Turkey Liberation Day Tips......
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: November 24, 2012 07:56AM

man. i ended up using the butternut squash anyway! the old stanby is the best and tastiest raw!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables