Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Oat Groat Recipes Needed!
Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: April 27, 2009 11:58PM

Love me some o these...but alas I soaked too too many and now I'm stuck with an extra few cups. So I usually just make an oatmeal with some dates and thats fab but I'm looking for some tried and true recipes.
Does anyone have any? I've got a dehydrator if that helps.
I've googled and found a few good ones (i think anyways) but I'd love to know if anyone has made a cracker/bread with the groats? Cookies?
Thanks all!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Oat Groat Recipes Needed!
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: April 30, 2009 04:28PM

what did you end up doing with your extra groats?

Date: April 30, 2009 05:17PM

i made some more oatmeal and froze in individual servings. (sad face)

Date: April 30, 2009 10:28PM

how do you make your oatmeal? i need to branch out and get some different meal ideas.

Date: May 01, 2009 12:12AM

I soak some groats over nite as well as some dates. Sometimes also some almonds.
Then in the morning, rinse the oats and put into a food processor. Add the dates (with the water that they soaked in)
Add the rinsed almonds and a bit of salt.
Mix it all up until its smooth and creamy and there you have it. You may have to add more water or some almond mylk to make it the consistancy that you like.

All of these ingredients are adjustable to your liking. I never add the same amount twice since I never measure anything out with oatmeal.

It's really good with a sliced banana on top. Or strawberries..or whatever. You can also put some mylk on it too. whatever! A small bowl of this is very filling and will satisfy you for a very long time.

Oat groats are rarely truly raw though. Check with your supplier to make sure they are. A good way to tell is if they will sprout. If not then they were heat treated as most are since they go rancid so quickly.

Date: May 01, 2009 12:37AM

oh thanks, that sounds great. i wonder where i can get genuine raw ones. do you get yours online? maybe i'll just get a few from my local store and try to sprout them. a small amount can't cost too much.

thanks again, i really want to try that oatmeal.

Date: May 01, 2009 02:13AM

i get mine at my local hfs. yeah..try sprouting them. thats the true test. yawning smiley)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables