Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

rejuvelac - for gray hair
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 04, 2009 08:52PM

Hello all smiling smiley

I printed out the recipe for Ann Wigmore's Rejuvelac. I am going to give it a go and see if it will work on my premature grays. Can anyone tell me how often one is to drink this, and how much to consume of it?

Thank you so very much,
Leanne

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: rejuvelac - for gray hair
Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: March 04, 2009 11:03PM

I would start small, test tolerance and reaction, then increase.
I often drink a few quarts per week.
Good info about rejuvelac is also on the sproutpeople site.
Mineralizing is also helpful for restoring hair color.
You might find info at our site useful for that.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 05, 2009 01:16AM

I couldnt find anything on this website regarding that, but i googled "mineralizing" and found some interesting info from Victoria Bouchenko (sp?) that sometimes just eating raw and super healthy will change your hair back to its natual color. And also David Wolfe has a free 10 wk course via email about mineralization. I signed up for that. (its called "beauty through mineralization!"winking smiley If I notice my grays turning back to brown after a while, I will surely report it here! smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 05, 2009 01:17AM

me too junebugg me too smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: HealthNVitality ()
Date: March 05, 2009 11:55PM

This page [www.sproutpeople.com] cookery/rejuvelac.html has good info about how to make rejuvelac, but nothing about hair color.

If you post a reply to this message and would like my feedback, it would be best to send me a private message to that effect. Otherwise, I may not check this thread for a while.

***Info from the advisors at HealthNVitality***

Posted by: veghead4life ()
Date: April 19, 2009 04:46PM

Unfortunately its obvious that Ann Wigmore dyed her hair. Plus I have a beautiful friend that is totally raw and her hair is a gorgeous silvery mane. I think as we age nothing looks worse than dark hair, better natural. Possibly the raw diet can contribute to holding off the gray but personally I am raw and my hair has loads of silver in it but I am proud of it and often get compliments. anne

Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: April 19, 2009 11:01PM

A copper deficiency can cause gray hairs. And it's reversible if you start getting enough. Since going raw I've noticed quite a few plucked gray hairs which were actually dark at the root again, it's pretty amazing. I'm getting plenty of copper nowadays. There may be other nutritional factors too other than copper.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 20, 2009 02:49PM

I don't think it is obvious Ann Wigmore dyed her hair.

My grandmother had pitch black hair into her eighties. She wanted silver hair so badly. One time she had to go to a different hairstylist because hers was recovering from surgery. The lady put black dye in her hair. She assumed my grandmother dyed her hair because it was so black.

Posted by: Mona ()
Date: April 24, 2009 05:27PM

rawpreston: How do you get more copper in your diet?

Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: April 25, 2009 03:47AM

Well I started by eating more sesame seeds and pumpkin seeds based on what this page said: [whfoods.org]

But since I've started using CRON-o-meter to track what I'm eating, I've found that I'm actually hitting like 200-400% of my RDA for copper no problem. A lot of things have a fair amount of copper, and it really adds up to a lot when eating healthy:

Romaine, kale, mangos, bananas, hemp seeds, oranges, sprouted lentils, tomato, cucumber, etc. Tons of stuff has it

Zinc seems to be the hardest thing to obtain as a raw vegan, well and B12 of course. Selenium can be tricky, but eating just 1 brazil nut provides plenty for the day.

Posted by: chrisrow ()
Date: April 08, 2014 02:05AM

In spare time,different people have different hobbies.Some people may choose to go on a date with their lovers with beautiful hairdressing and fashionable clothes.To improve personal image,more and more people choose to wear hair wigs even including mens hair wig which can be got from [www.hairwigsall.com] to my surprise,there are mens long wigs for sale in the market.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables