Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

making raw PB; is aflatoxin yellow?
Posted by: TroySantos ()
Date: May 05, 2009 01:22PM

HIYA!

I wanna make raw PB but I haven't found a way. I bought a small nut butter making machine from a raw foodist on eBay. The listing says it works best with roasted peanuts but I didn't think it wouldn't work at all with raw peanuts.

I tossed some in with the skin still on it but the machine acted like it was constipated! What came out was more like a pate than peanut butter. So I soaked some nuts, removed the skins, but it was pretty much the same story.

So, I wonder if anyone has some ideas.

Maybe a different variety would work better. I don't know what the name of this variety is. I live in South Korea and all I know is that they're called peanuts, and that they're grown here in S. Korea.

I have a blender but I haven't had any success with that either. But if anyone can tell me a way then I'd be happy to at least consider giving it a shot.

One more thing. Is aflatoxin yellow? After soaking peanuts they get yellow stains. I've read this "might" be aflatoxin. I have tried Google searches but haven't found an answer to what color aflatoxin is.

Thanks much, Troy.

This way is not compatible with Zen practice. This way IS Zen practice. - Dr. Doug Graham

Nothing whatsoever should be attached to. - Buddha

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables