Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Any tasty recipes for sno peas?
Posted by: new2green ()
Date: May 27, 2009 06:21PM

I started to eat raw very recently. So far I am doing very good. No cravings and no hunger. Basically I am not hungry because I eat a lot (as always), but eating healthier foods makes me feel good about it. Fortunately we don't have weight problems...
I just went to my garden this morning and I have a beautiful crop os snow peas. My husband is trying to eat raw with me, but he is picky. So far, all the recipes we tried did pretty good, so I'm looking for something yummy to do with sno peas.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Any tasty recipes for sno peas?
Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: May 28, 2009 09:25PM

hi new2 green!
gee..all i can think of here is eating them in a salad. or just plain raw! i LOVE them and am so jealous that you have a crop! i'd just eat them as is... fresh from the garden and warm from the sun! nothing better yawning smiley)

Posted by: new2green ()
Date: June 01, 2009 12:32AM

I wish my husband or son would go for that.
I'm the only one that eats things "al natural" in this house.

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: June 01, 2009 02:45AM

i absolutely love peas! i don't like to eat the outside, tho, like snow peas. try some english peas where you throw away the ouside. omg. i love them! maybe your family would like those better. they are super sweet and really yummy.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 01, 2009 12:35PM

They work well mixed in salads. Or you can just marinate them in oil with garlic or in a dressing.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: June 16, 2009 02:03AM

Hello, I have a recipe here from Renee Loux Underkoffeler's recipe book, for snow peas. I haven't tried it but the recipies of hers that I have tried turned out amazing.

Szechuan Snow Peas
makes 2-4 servings.
This spicy dish of sweet snow peas can also be made with sugar snap peas. Any dried spicy pepper can be used if Szechuan pepper is not available.

4 cups fresh snow peas
1 clove garlic, pressed or finely minced
2 tablespoons organix extra-virgin olive oil or sesame oil
1 1/2 tablespoons umboshi plum vinegar, brown rice vinegar, or apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons nama shoyu
2 teaspoons raw honey, maple syrup, or brown rice syrup
2 teaspoons Szechuan pepper
Generous pinch cayenne pepper

Snap off the tough end of the peas. In a bowl, mix garlic, olive ool, vinegar, honey or syrup, and peppers. Toss peas with marinade until well coated. Allow to stand at least 20 minutes to develop flavor, tossing occasionally.

Here's another she offers in her book
Steamed Beets and Snow Peas
Makes 2-4 servings.
In this dish, steamed beets and sweet snow peas compliment each other nicely. Serve on a fresh lettuce leaf for a beautiful presentation.

1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons organi extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons raw honey or maple syrup (optional)
1 clove garlic
2 teaspoons crushed coriander seeds
1 teaspoon sun-dried sea salt
3 cups cubed beets
2 cups snow peas
1/2 cup chopped green onion

Mix together the parsley, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, honey or maple syrup, garlic, coriander seeds, and sea salt.
Steam the beets just untill a fork can pierce the cubes. Run under cold water until cool to the touch. Snap off the ends of the snow peas. Toss together the beets, snow peas or snap peas, and green onion, and marinate until well coated. The flavor develops after standing for a few minutes or stored in the refrigerator overnight.

Enjoy!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables