Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pizza Night!
Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: May 29, 2009 03:54AM

My kids wanted pizza and I made pizza! So it's not what they expected but they loved it! I even made some cashew and parm cheeze! The crust is a bread/cracker made mostly of buckwheat & sunflower seeds with some other stuff and then dehyrdated for a few hours. The marinara sauce is made from soaked sundried tomatoes from my daughters garden last year, some olive oil, fresh basil, garlic and lemon juice. On the top i put marinated dehydrated shrooms, avocado, tomatoes, onions, zucchini, basil and even some pineapple!
A total transition food!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pizza Night!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 31, 2009 12:03AM

Looks great, what is the white sauce is that the cashew cheese? If you have a formal recipe I would love to have it! I am searching high and low for things my kids will eat and this looks likes it fits the bill.

Again it looks really delicious!

Gigi

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: May 31, 2009 06:15PM

I agree with tigerdiva! That looks yummy enough that even my kids might want to try it!

Date: June 01, 2009 12:22AM

okay!
here's the recipe for the crust:

presoak for 8 hrs, rinse and drain:
2 cups buckwheat groats
2 2/3 c. sunny seeds

1 tbs chopped garlic
2 cups veggie pulp (left from making juice)
2 tsp salt
1 tbs. + 2 tsp. italian herbs
1/4 c. gr. flax seeds
1/2 c. + 2 tbs. olive oil
1 1/2 c. carrot juice.

make sure to rinse the buckwheat well..it is slimy! then add all the ingredients to your food processor and process away with the S blade.
then spread out on your teflex dehydrator sheets (it makes 3 excalibur squares) about 1/4" thick. with a butter knife cut a plus sign then cut the squares again so you have wedge shapes. dehydrate for a few hours then transfer to the mesh sheets for a few more hours. just keep checking. it shouldn't be too dry..or too wet.

Marinara sauce:

1 1/2 c. sun dried tomatoes (presoak in 2 cups water for 4 hrs, save water)
1/3 c. olive oil
1 tsp. olive oil
35 basil leaves chopped
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp agave
1 c. soak or fresh water

drain the tomatoes and reserve the liquid. add all ingredients to your blender and blend away starting slow then adding the soak water (if it's too bitter then add fresh water)
until you get a nice pizza sauce consistancy.

Cashew nut cheeze:

1 1/2 c. cashews soaked for at least 2 hrs.
1/2 lemon juiced
1/4 tsp. salt

add everything to a blender...add water if needed to help it blend.
i put my cheeze into an empty squirt bottle!

Parmasan cheeze:

1 c. brazil nuts
2 garlic cloves

pulse in food processor until consistancy of parm cheese.

There you have it! then you add your toppings!
some suggestions:

raw olives
marinated mushrooms (either dehydrated or not)
shredded carrots
pineapple
tomatoes
green, red or yellow onions
micro greens
avocado
shredded beets

too many toppings to list! really anything you like will work.
have fun!

Posted by: new2green ()
Date: June 01, 2009 12:36AM

Wow, that looks really good Jennifer.
I will definetely try that one on my husband!!!
I only have one of those ugly round dehydrators that you can't change the temp, I don't even know how hot it gets.
Did anyone ever measure the temp on those?

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: June 01, 2009 02:42AM

jennifer,

you are quite the chef. have you ever considered opening a raw restaurant? or witing a recipe book??? your stuff is amazing. now i'll have to try this pizza smiling smiley

Date: June 01, 2009 01:34PM

(blush)
i would love love love to open something like that!
we are getting more and more raw in our town and theres a new raw restaurant opening soon here! i look forward to that very soon! i don't have the dough right now to do that.

thanks for the compliment! i totally enjoy making all this stuff. i spent a lot of time in the kitchen cooking foods when i was unraw. i love it. i can't imagine giving that up! (for me anyways). it's too fun creating. the whole process (to me) is pretty fun.

i can't take all the credit for the recipes though! i have lots of books to help me!

Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: June 04, 2009 02:26AM

Just a quick question. How long did it take you to transition from cooking to raw 'cooking'? Im a cook and am daunted at all the time and prep that goes into being raw... It one of my excuses as to why I havent made the jump yet. But yes, your food looks outstanding!

Posted by: VeganDiva ()
Date: June 04, 2009 04:51PM

Oh Jennifer again this looks so so soooooo super tasty. I wish I could come to your's for dinner!!

Gill x

Date: June 04, 2009 06:34PM

hi morgenjune!

here's the scoop...i make both uncooked and cooked food. i'm raw and my hubby and kids (teens) eat both raw and cooked. all my life i've been vegan but not always raw. i wish upon all wishes that i started my kids raw from birth. i've been incorporating more and more raw in their diets in the last year and easing them into the raw way of life. it's a bit harder for older kids!

i really think that raw food is MUCH easier than cooking a meal. here's why:
you do a lot of preparing things ahead of time. soaking and dehydrating. it's like a habit after awhile. everyday i soak or dehyrdrate something so this way i have lots of stuff going and ready to put into a recipe when i need it. and it takes just moments to do.

for instance...i make up a batch of raw bread. there is enough for 24 slices of pizza. i'll serve it for dinner then i'll refrigerate the rest. it will last in the fridge for weeks too! so then for future meals...all i have to do is add pizza toppings or i'll also use it to make sandwiches.

I also make things that don't require any make-ahead time at all like raw soups and salads. It's such an individual thing ya know? it depends of what kind of raw you like to eat. some people like less complicated things. i like to get messy in the kitchen! i like to invent and i love when it all comes together as something fabulous in the end!

i started by getting some good uncook books..after awhile i felt confident enough to make up stuff on my own. i like to take a favorite food and make a raw version. i made some fab enchiladas the other day!

one more thing...don't overwhelm yourself. keep it simple! don't think you have to do everything all at once. i think too many people think there is a certain way to eat raw. to me there isn't. just have fun. yawning smiley)

Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: June 04, 2009 10:43PM

Wow! That is very inspiring. I don't know how you do it! Cooking for yourself and your family, two diffrent diets. Right now when I am eating raw it is just lots of fruit and salads... My biggest concern is that I work on a boat and live on it for two weeks out of four and Im the only vegan. But we shall see, if only they would all stop eating all the bananas! I swear Ill pack the fridge with all these good veggies and fruits and all they eat are bananas, I guess that works out for me in the end! Thank you for all your advice!

Posted by: VeganDiva ()
Date: June 05, 2009 08:32AM

Morgenjune is right mmmveg, this is very inspiring. It's making me want my birthday to hurry up so I can get my hands on a dehydrator!

Thanks again for sharing,
Gill x

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables