Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What is the texture of your Green Smoothie?
Posted by: swilkins ()
Date: June 05, 2009 06:17AM

I am very new to eating raw.

This week I juiced all my greens and had a nice clean green juice to drink. However, I realized that I wasn't getting the fiber from my veggies.

So, today I used my Oster Blender (Vegetable Speed) to blend my greens
and the pulp which was "waste" with my juicer was now mixed in with the blended Smoothie.

It took me several hours to get it all down because of the thickness and texture.

Do you actually drink the pulp in a blended smoothie? Am I supposed to strain the pulp? What is the texture of a green smoothie made in a Vitamix?

From what I have been reading it seems like a Vitamix is the blender to own, however being an unemployed student I don't see this happening at this time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is the texture of your Green Smoothie?
Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 05, 2009 01:20PM

My smoothies are very smooth because I use a Vitamix. If yours are too thick, you need to add more liquid and blend longer. You may need to stop it periodically so it doesn't overheat. This is the reason why the Vitamix is worth the money. Maybe you can find a good deal on a reconditioned model. Will change your whole raw experience.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: frances ()
Date: June 05, 2009 03:04PM

Your smoothies will always be thicker than juice. I prefer my smoothies to be thin enough to sip. When they get goopy, I'm not impressed.

Better blending can make the smoother and more uniform, but if you are unhappy with the thickness, only additional liquid can improve that. It can help to play around with your sources of liquid. Water gets the job done, but if you're bored, coconut water can be fun, or juice.

Posted by: EmilyS ()
Date: June 07, 2009 12:34AM

omg! I am a poor grad student, and I was thinking of doing exactly that -- using the juicer I got off of craigslist and then blending the waste and juice... I have a good juicer and only a decent KitchenAid blender.

I am not starting until I am done doing my detox fast, so that experiment will have to wait smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables