Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Buying a dehydrator
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 07, 2009 04:08AM

I'm going to order a dehydrator this week (Excalibur 3500 looks good and much better than the cheap/nasty dehydrator I currently have!)

I need "bread" recipes...please help!

TIA,
Saph

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Buying a dehydrator
Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: June 07, 2009 03:26PM

hiya saph!
LOVE this recipe! i make sandwiches out of this bread! some avocado used as mayo and lots of veg inside!
[www.youtube.com]

also..i posted a recipe for my pizza bread (which is a great sandwich, dipping bread too) if you look under the heading pizza night! i have an excalibur too and you'll love it! it's working hard as i type this. yawning smiley)

Date: March 10, 2010 05:05PM

I too ordered the excalibur. It is listed in cabela's catalog for $249 plus shipping. Excalibur's website was also more. Try Harvest Essentials. I got it for $179. free shipping and there's a coupon..type HARVEST in the box and get an additional $10.00 off. This is the 9 tray Excalibur. Happy drying!

Date: March 11, 2010 02:26AM

I too have an Excaliber, love it!,
Here is a cracker recipe, which I use for open face sandwiches.

Pepper Crackers
1/4-1/2 C cashews(amt depends on size of pepper)
1 whole red pepper de-seeded/cut up
1/4-1/3 C nutritional yeast flakes
salt
cayenne pepper (opt)

Blend all ingred smooth, pour onto a teflex sheet and roll around to spread out.
Dehydrate over nite, flip onto a mesh sheet and dehy. till dry and desired crispness.

j

Re: Buying a dehydrator -- Golden Kamut Bread
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 12, 2010 04:40PM

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

I have now made 8 to 10 different types of raw bread, but the Golden Kamut is my go to. It's easy on the eye, with golden raisins, golden flax seed and kamut. I'm thinking about adding saphron for the next recipe. Slightly sweet. Keeps forever in the refrigerator. To make a less sweet variant, cut back on the agave and a little on the raisins. Best.

Paul

Date: June 07, 2010 05:51PM

Excaliiber is the only choice in our book, quality and old fashioned family owned service. We have a refurbished one which is like brand new. It is 9 tray without timer. We bought an external 24 Hr. heavy duty timer.

There is no comparison to the round ones.

Posted by: Punkrotten ()
Date: August 17, 2010 07:21PM

How about those Good4U dehaydrators?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables