Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Tostada
Posted by: suzie08022 ()
Date: June 11, 2009 10:42PM

Hi, I got this idea from some posts this week about rawcos (tacos) and then one of corn chips.

You have to have a day in advance to prepare.

Soak walnuts and pumpkin seeds in water overnight. I changed the water once.

Grind fresh corn cut off the cob in a food processor, then add enough water to make a batter. If it is too runny, you can drain it later. Spread the batter on teflex sheets and dry at about 115 degrees overnight. You want a flexible, moist tortilla.

Drain the nuts and seeds. In small batches, process in the fp with a couple of small mild yellow and orange peppers, garlic cloves, cumin and chili powder. I thought it needed a little salt, as well.

I layered the 'meat' on top of the corn tortilla and then added fresh avocado and fresh salsa.

Even my husband ate this. The tortilla was a little chewy; I don't think the corn was ground enough.

I took a picture if I can figure out how to post it.

Suzie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tostada
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: June 13, 2009 01:03AM

i've made something very similar, and you're right, i thought they were really good, too. for the tortillas, what helps with the consistency is to add a tablespoon or 2 of ground flax meal. it doesn't change the taste and soaks up any extra water.

Re: Tostada
Posted by: suzie08022 ()
Date: June 13, 2009 01:31PM

Thank you! That may help with the straight off the corn cob taste. I see on Living Raw Recipes that there is a corn chip and it states to grind the corn fine; mine was still a little kernally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables