Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw hot dogs
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 21, 2009 09:16PM

I am looking for a raw hot dog recipe. I know it sounds odd, however, my father thinks that raw food isn't a good lifestyle. So I want a good solid recipe to politely show him that you can have everything you do on the S.A.D. So if there is anybody (or multiple people) with good recipes, please send them my way. Thank you!

Chris

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw hot dogs
Posted by: suzie08022 ()
Date: June 21, 2009 09:28PM

I wonder if you could take any burger recipe and form it into a tube?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 21, 2009 09:50PM

thiswas fromthesite of [thesunnyrawkitchen.blogspot.com] i have tosay sometimes our tastebuds are *looking* for a certain taste ..and texture ... its not so much (well in my case) that i crave the *flesh* but i crave the *seasonings* smiling smiley also you can google raw vegan mustards, mayos, bbqsauces, relishes .. allfor toppings smiling smiley

lots of luck to you , if you try the recipe let me know cuz i might try it , my hubby is a dog addict tongue sticking out smiley

Raw whole food hot dogs
Posted by snowdrop on Raw Freedom Community

i hope you like them as much as i did, on a nice wrap all loaded with raw hot-dog type toppings. i just had one, wow!!! they taste exactly like them!

Makes 6-8

1-1/2 c walnuts
¼ onion
¼ beet
½ carrot
2 clove garlic
2 T agave (to taste)
2 T braggs (or other type of soy sauce/tamari)
2 t hickory smoke flavor*
1 t marjoram
½ t celery seed
½ t salt
½ t smoked paprika
sprinkle cayenne pepper

Blend till smooth in food processor.
Form dough into hot dog shapes on teflex (6-8).
Dehydrate 105 about 4 hrs.
Flip onto grid dehydrate to the texture you like. (Another hr or so.) Roll lightly into shape.
Serve warm.

*Carmella's Notes:
~ Hickory/ liquid smoke can be found in health food store, usually alongside other savory sauces.
~ This is pretty intense stuff so I would recommend starting with less than what's called for.

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 09:51PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 22, 2009 02:12PM

Now I've seen it all!!! I'm going to try them, even though I'm not a huge hot dog fan. I'm curious!!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 13, 2009 03:30PM

I love hot dogs. Was a vegetarian for 7 years before going raw, never could find a veggie substitute, so i'll try this! thanks!
I do have a No Bologna, Bologna sandwich if you want it. Tastes just like Bologna, but Raw food! Being a Bologna lover forever this was an accidental recipe. Not 100% raw because of the bread.

No “bologna” bologna Sandwich
recipe by Toni Genaro. blog.wewantraw.com

Sprouted bread
Zucchini sliced thin
Red bell pepper sliced thin
Avocado spread on bread
Spinach for some greens
Tomato slices
Hummus w/red pepper
Yellow mustard (if you like mustard on your bologna sandwich)
Paprika
Optional: vegenaise mayo, sprouts

The secret to making it taste like bologna was the roasted red pepper hummus and paprika. We eat these often.

Hope you like it!
Toni G

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables