Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gorilla Sandwiches?
Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: July 01, 2009 09:54PM

I've been eating these like crazy! My oldest daughter has been giving me tons from her garden. I like them stuffed with carrots, avocado, green onions, sprouts and a bit of sunflower seeds. Sometimes I add a bit of flax oil and some pink salt.

My 12 y.o. likes hers stuffed with almond butter. It sounded a bit weird to me but it's really good!

They're so fun to make and super easy to take with you to the river etc.

I was wondering if you guys wanted to share your fave recipes?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gorilla Sandwiches?
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: July 01, 2009 10:36PM

They sound neat, but the problem for me is - I don't really care for the taste of cucumber! That is pretty much the only fruit that I do not enjoy... Wish I could eat them, because I like the concept of a "portable" sandwich like that!

Date: July 01, 2009 11:39PM

Thats funny. My husband doesn't like them either. When I asked him why he said they taste too "clean".
You can try a hollowing out a zucchini? Maybe you like them?

Date: July 02, 2009 10:59AM

I don't believe I have tried a raw zucchini before, I may do that. I can "tolerate" cucumbers, but they definantly aren't on my fav. list. Can't really put my finger on the exact thing about them; They do have a "clean" taste, I believe your husband described it well.

I do like to put them (slices) on my eyes, they are so cool & refreshing to use in that manner.

Date: July 02, 2009 10:16PM

Update!

I figured a way to make this work for me. I remember back to my "SAD" days...I used to love eating stuffed peppers, cooked of course. So I figured, why not RAW? So, I did this;

1 green bell pepper
diced tomato
diced onion
diced celery
finely chopped alfalfa sprouts
finely chopped broccoli sprouts
small piece of chopped garlic
a bit of cayenne pepper
dribble of flax oil (for chew-ability)! winking smiley

YUM!!!

If the cucumber is the gorilla sandwich, then this must be the King-Kong sandwich! lol

I cut the top off the pepper like you would a pumpkin, stuffed it full, then replaced the top! Can't wait to eat it at work, since people think I am nuts already with the smoothies/juices I bring in!

Date: July 03, 2009 04:51PM

ewww! how creative! love it!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables