Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

ISO Dehydrator recipes!!!!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 05, 2009 10:44AM

I know a lot of people are looking for dehydratorless recipies, buuuut I got my new Excalibur and want to try it with a lot a goodies but I dont find to many recipies. I try a flaxseed cracker but it wasn't to good. No crispy, no tasty. So, can any one give a good recipe(s) for dehydrator.

Wanda

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ISO Dehydrator recipes!!!!
Date: July 13, 2009 03:13PM

I just got my Dehydrator also, but Everything I've made has turned out great!! A couple easiest things were: Kale, rinse the Kale, separate the leaf from the tough center vine, lay on dehydrator tray and dry until crispy. Once they were done we put them in a bowl added 1/3 cup melted coconut oil with 1 clove minced garlic and shook to coat all chips as well as possible. Put back on dehydrator tray and sprinkle with nutritional yeast. Dehydrate again until dry and crispy again. These are a great snack food!! They taste more like seaweed than Kale. All our Non raw friends liked them too. (Need to make more!)
The other recipe was Beets, sliced them thin with Mandoline and dehydrated. They took about 2 days. They were a bit sweet when done, recommend grinding salt on them about 1/4 way through cooking. They would be good with a creamy dip afterword.

All my crackers and chips have turned out great. Flax pizza crackers, and spicy Tortilla chips. I can email you some recipes if you need them. I try to post them on my blog, but don't always have time.
You may not have dried them long enough if they weren't crispy. Times are only approximate. I find I have to dry ALOT longer then the recipe calls for. I'm in a moist climate.
Toni G.

Re: ISO Dehydrator recipes!!!!
Date: July 14, 2009 01:45AM

Great!!!!!

I will love to have some other recipies...you can send them to wanda.otero@gmail.com...I'm looking for a goos flaxseed craker recipe....I did one that I get online but didn't turn crispy as I was expecting and I did like to much the flaxseed flavor.

TIA

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables